“Great food, Great Service”

Adonis Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 479 Restaurants in Oakville
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, Great Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Tastiest shawarma I've ever eaten - bacon, pineapple, beef - can you go wrong? Servers were quite friendly and prompt. Don't be deceived by the less than exciting exterior. Lots of people here picking up takeout.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank spades_spades

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great place. Great food.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this place! Family owned and operated. The food is fresh, inspired and delicious. We recommend Adonis to everyone!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tina A
Oakville, Ontario
“Nothing pretentious but has great food and staff”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'd have to agree with previous reviews. Although not exactly inviting from the outside (in a safe residential area though), once you enter, you are greeted in a very friendly manner by the staff (family owned and operated). Clean and serviceable eating area and a good selection on the menu. Dominate mediterranean theme on the entrees but for those in the party who aren't that inclined, they have a large portion of Fish and Chips (Halibut). We had my birthday party (no, there was no embarassing HB song) there and one member of the family enjoyed those while the rest of us were more adventurous. The meals were of a good portion size and well presented. The wait staff were very pleasant and attentive. Although not full, I noticed quite a few guests had reserved tables. Obviously a lot of return business, which is a good sign. My sister and wife had lunch there previously and were very impressed (reason for the return for my birthday).
What separates this from some other restaurants. Two of our group had ordered a chicken dish. When they arrived, they seemed short on the chicken. Without prompting, the wait staff informed us that the chef had dropped one of the skewers of chicken and thus the two dishes shared what was cooked. Extra chicken was being prepared and would be delivered shortly, thus not holding up the meal and letting it get cold. It was delivered as promised on a bed of lettuce. A good restaurant might tell you but a great restaurant would and also look after you. I feel very comfortable enjoying a meal here and will return.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lanceoak
Dundas, Canada
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

One does not expect to find a great restaurant in a desultory strip mall in a residential part of a waspish suburban city. But that's exactly where a friend and I discovered Adonis Mediterranean Restaurant. There isn't a lot of ambiance but the wait staff and the food are excellent in this nulti-generational family-run Mediterranean spot. The focus is on Greek fare but there are several dishes which are more Lebanese than Greek per se (not surprising because the family who run it are part Lebanese). My friend and I dined on appetizers only and these were delicious and more than enough. The grape leaves are simply to die for. Mum makes them fresh daily from fresh grape leaves that have just been picked. We were given some fresh grape leaves to wrap around our wonderful taboule and this too was a real treat. As well we had baba ganoush, fried calamari and falafel. Only the baba ganoush was not as smokey flavoured as I like it but that is really a personal preference.

• Visited July 2012
hamilton
“very happy I ate there”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My friend from Toronto and I get together every few months and go for dinner usually in Oakville. We like to try different restaurants. The Adonis is a very good restaurant with fast service and tasty meals. We both had the Adonis Shawarma which is chicken shawarma mixed in with bacon and pineapple along with 2 side dishes(like rice, vegatables,roasted potatoes,french fries, etc), it was very good, surprisingly all three ingredients work very well together. It wasnt very busy when we were there and we were the last people to leave. But we didnt feel rushed and our waitress was very kind and honest. I would go back in a heartbeat. It was worth the drive from Hamilton and easy to find.

• Visited April 2012