“A Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Reservations
Dundas, Canada
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

One does not expect to find a great restaurant in a desultory strip mall in a residential part of a waspish suburban city. But that's exactly where a friend and I discovered Adonis Mediterranean Restaurant. There isn't a lot of ambiance but the wait staff and the food are excellent in this nulti-generational family-run Mediterranean spot. The focus is on Greek fare but there are several dishes which are more Lebanese than Greek per se (not surprising because the family who run it are part Lebanese). My friend and I dined on appetizers only and these were delicious and more than enough. The grape leaves are simply to die for. Mum makes them fresh daily from fresh grape leaves that have just been picked. We were given some fresh grape leaves to wrap around our wonderful taboule and this too was a real treat. As well we had baba ganoush, fried calamari and falafel. Only the baba ganoush was not as smokey flavoured as I like it but that is really a personal preference.

• Visited July 2012

hamilton
“very happy I ate there”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My friend from Toronto and I get together every few months and go for dinner usually in Oakville. We like to try different restaurants. The Adonis is a very good restaurant with fast service and tasty meals. We both had the Adonis Shawarma which is chicken shawarma mixed in with bacon and pineapple along with 2 side dishes(like rice, vegatables,roasted potatoes,french fries, etc), it was very good, surprisingly all three ingredients work very well together. It wasnt very busy when we were there and we were the last people to leave. But we didnt feel rushed and our waitress was very kind and honest. I would go back in a heartbeat. It was worth the drive from Hamilton and easy to find.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank dwbcaa
canada
“Our lunch spot”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I work just minutes away from this restaurant and have the pleasure of eating at Adonis a couple of times a month. Food is superb, the vegetable platter and chicken shawarma is my favourite.
Staff are the most friendly bunch and go out of their way to make sure our stay is comfortable. You have to try the baklava which is home made, so good!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank snowbunnii
Oakville, Canada
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We just just had a fabulous dinner there. We both had lamb. I had chops and my husband had souvlaki. Both were perfectly done and very tasty. The stuffed grape leaves as a stater were fresh and very tasty. We will return on a regular basis.

1 Thank sharlo61
Toronto
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We first visited Adonis a few weeks ago after reading positive reviews online. When we arrived, we were skeptical because of the location (it's in a strip mall in a residential neighbourhood). However, it definitely exceeded our expectations!! The food was absolutely fantastic -- I had the chicken shawarma, which was the best I have ever tried. The chicken pieces were large, juicy, and full of great flavour. Also, the sides are amazing. I loved the spicy labneh appetizer and the tabouli was great... and my husband won't stop talking about the lentil rice :)

Service is outstanding. Very friendly and helpful.
On the downside, Adonis can get really busy, so be sure to make a reservation.

• Visited January 2012