“Excellent Stay!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Toronto
“Excellent Stay!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had a free upgrade to a junior suite and had an excellent stay and all the members were fantastic. The suite was large and clean it has a microwave and a small refrigerator with two televisions one in the bed room and one in the sitting room. “FANTASTIC!”

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank GrantFamilyToronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Windsor, Ontario
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn welcomed our extended family of nine from across Canada (including three small children) when our previously booked hotel informed us the day before our arrival that they had no rooms for us! The staff bent over backwards to accomodate us on a busy weekend June 2-3-4 with one days notice. We had hotel rooms instead of full kitchen suites but at that point we were just glad to be in one hotel with our rooms near each other. The second night they did move us some better rooms (on joining) and a one bedroom suite ( all rooms have a microwave and small frig). Our family found the beds comfortable, kids small and big loved the pool. They all voted the breakfast the best ever. Besides the usuall buffet the Hilton offers a chefs window at which full made to order breakfast can be requested. Happy servers deliver your order fresh to your table. The Hilton will see us again twice a year for a few days. We don't need a full kitchen Thanks you to all of the wonderful statf who turned our almost disaster into a memorable family reuion. Hilton customer service out of ten-eleven. Our previous hotel zero.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Windsoront
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Was visiting Mississauga for a family wedding. From check in to check out everything was great. My must-haves are a clean, quiet room and a good location. I got all three. My room was so quiet I never heard any sounds from the hallway or neighbors. The hotel is located along the highway, but set back a bit so noise was not an issue. The beds were comfy, there was a nice flat screen tv, a microwave and fridge. The fridge was so cold some of my stuff froze overnight:) I didn't use the fitness room or pool but I did check them out and wished I had time to enjoy them. Also the business center was open 24 hrs which is convenient. The only slight concern I had was that the linens had a couple of small rips or tears, from the drapes to the bedsheets to the shower curtain, not the towels. Just wear and tear I guess. They were clean and that's most important to me. Overall this was a great stay and I'd highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank mbtravels
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed for 5 nights on business, clean rooms, food selection downstairs was limited but of a high quality. Good selection for breakfast - coffee was a bit strong all days.

Room was quiet and a good size for what I needed.
Small gym was good and quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scrabo2012
DC
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a girls’ weekend away. We chose it because it was in between the Niagara on the Lake wine region and Toronto, and we had plans in both places.

We read the reviews beforehand and I have to admit that this hotel lived up to the reviews.

THE GOOD STUFF

1. The Staff: All the staff members with whom I crossed paths were pleasant and courteous even late at night and very early in the morning! I really appreciate good service and I definitely received it at the Garden Inn in Oakville.

2. Cleanliness: Our room was very clean. It was clear that the house keepers took care in their jobs.

3. Amenities: Our room came equipped with a fridge and microwave. (This is a great hotel if you have dietary restrictions or children and need to travel with food). The hotel also has a business centre that allows free printing. There is no additional charge for wireless internet access. Also, for those people who try to keep up the workout routine while traveling they have a nice workout room.

4. Comfortable Beds: The beds are adjustable. You could make the bed more firm or more plush with the turn of a nob. I have trouble sleeping when I travel and little things like that do help me get some rest.

5. The hotel was really close to the highway.

6. It was also really quiet (especially for a hotel that was so close to the highway).

THE SO SO
1.Limited number of places to eat: The hotel has an in house restaurant and room service (I can’t comment on the food since we didn’t eat there but it looked good). Outside of that, the only food places I saw close by were a Tim Horton’s Coffee shop and a Wendy's.

2. There is no airport shuttle. The hotel is just outside of Toronto and within 30 minutes’ drive of the airport but there is no shuttle. You definitely need your own source of transportation if you plan on staying here.

THE BAD
1. The only complaint I have is that it was a little tricky to find especially at night. There was a sign for where to turn but if you aren't paying keen attention you might miss it. Luckily my friend and I have great spatial skills so we found it easily but the directionally challenged might have a harder time.

Overall this hotel is a wonderful place to stay at if you want to be close to Toronto but not in the city. Its clean, has great amenities and the people are lovely. I would most definitely give them my business again!

Room Tip: Our room faced the highway and it was surpringly very quiet!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pleplayplait
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed during the week on business travel. Room was fine and wireless worked great. My room was nicely outfitted for business use with a large working desk. The lobby is small so comfortable chairs to lounge at and work are very limited. Otherwise, if you only need a clean room and a good location, this is a good bet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the first floor wing that goes to the right off of the lobby. The door sla...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 0ut4Fun
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A good hotel for a rest at the weekend, accommodation featuring well appointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family