“Excellent service, nice hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Oakville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located in the suburbs of Toronto and well appointed. The rooms were modern, clean and pleasant. The hotel breakfast was basic but a step above the typical business hotel with the "made to order" egg station a nice touch. The best part of my stay was my experience with the staff as they were all very helpful and pleasant. They made you feel welcome at check-in and the front desk staff went above and beyond to fix a small problem with the television in my colleague's room. The breakfast staff was exceptionally attentive and eagerly to responded to requests and gave outstanding overall service. Job well done by the entire staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pat G

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed at the hilton garden inn oakville on Feb 23-26, 2012 for a hockey tournament. we were a party of 2 adults and 2 kids 7and 10. When we were at the hotel it was great. friendly service and house keeping was great for us. pool was small but the girls loved it. Has a breakfast for $5.00 very tiny spot to eat but you get eggs with all fixins and they will make them to order I didn't mind at all to stay there for breakfast that meant i didn't have to leave and try and find a place to eat. rooms were clean and tidy and quiet which was nice when you needed up a 6. staff very friendly always asking how the hockey went made girls on the team feel special someone other than mom cares. would definetley stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2012

A big thank you to this hotel for working so well with our group. The hotel management and staff were friendly and figured exactly how to make our hotel stay convenient and enjoyable. The hotel is family friendly, but very convenient for me as well as I was able to use their 24/7 business centre. Free, convenient wireless - a great plus.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank roadfooder
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Very nice hotel, the staff were excellent. The rooms were great too. I would recommend you hire a car as to get downtown was about $70 in a taxi. Good value and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank NigelJane
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Spent a night at this location and I was completely satisfied with everything... The place was very clean, comfortable bed, spacious room, lots of free parking and helpful staff.

The best part was the breakfast, as you can get freshly prepared breakfast by the chef.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't miss the Breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Feb58
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We arrived at 5:00pm (check in time is at 3:00pm) and the front desk staff had to check if our room was ready. Strike one: there's no reason it should not be ready two hours after check-in time. It was ready.

When we got in our room, we had two "queen" beds (which are really about the size of doubles). We had reserved a King room. We wen't back to the front desk and were told that the hotel was full and they could not give us another room. The staff was apologetic and told us that a manager would contact us inthe next few days.

Once we settled into our room, we discovered that we'd been placed in the middle of a hallway full of a childrens hockey team. Once they started playing hockey and yelling in the hallway, we called the front desk who came up immediately and asked them to stop. When the running and yelling started again, I stepped out into the hallway and asked the parents to keep the noise down and keep their kids in their rooms. One of the mothers proceeded to yell at me and ask how they were supposed to keep 15 kids quiet. I informed her that it was not my problem. My husband called the front desk who came up and moved everyone to a conference room. One of the staff came to our door and apologized,

When we checked out, no one asked how are stay was. They took our money and sent us on our way.

If this was the last hotel in the GTA, I still wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nfp147
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed here withmy family on the weekend of November 25th, and it was the worst experience ever. When checking in I found out that my room was not ready, the front desk person had to go up and check to see if my room was ready. Mind you it was 4 PM and check in is at 3. When we finally got in the room I noticed that my room smelled lik old diapers and they sprayed heavy air freshner to hide the smell. Digusting. The next day I came to the front desk in the evening and spoke to the manager on duty as I had a problem with my shower, he said it would be looked at and nothing was done. When i checked out the person at the front desk just looked at me with this dumb look not even asking me how my stay was. Horrible service, I would ever recommend this hotel to ANYONE. Your better off staying at Fairfield Inn or even if your desperate Country Inn

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family