“Terrible Services ..Even Worse Staff”

Rosewater Spa of Oakville
Ranked #4 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Rosewater, centuries old European skin and body care techniques are used to soothe, soften and invigorate your body, mind and soul. The Rosewater was created to set a new benchmark for personal spa services in Oakville and Burlington. We are dedicated to offering men and women the opportunity to create more balance and fulfill their personal health goals, while in a gracious atmosphere of casual elegance.
Oakville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Terrible Services ..Even Worse Staff”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you are looking for a true spa experience, I don’t recommend Rosewater Spa. I've had a couple issues with this spa before. Their front staff is quite rude (not at all friendly and warm like you would expect a spa greeting to be). They don’t provide robes or slippers, nor do they have a change room. Their staff performing the services are quite amateur, and talk too much (much of the staff is young, and they find it necessary to go on about their drinking plans for the night ..not the type of conversation you want to hear when getting a massage/wrap). When your massage is done, they don`t greet you with water nor do they advise you to keep hydrated – seems like basic information to be given after a massage, but don`t expect anyone at Rosewater to go above and beyond to make your visit enjoyable. I used to go to Rosewater Spa frequently because of the convenience, but I would rather travel an extra few minutes to another location that actually knows how to treat their spa clients.

I booked an appointment on New Years Eve for a massage, which was confirmed. A few days later I get a message on my phone saying they have to cancel my appointment because they double booked it (how professional eh). Being New Years Eve, I had already arranged my entire schedule around my massage appointment. I was even willing to visit their other location, but they did nothing to fit me in or suggest another service for me (was willing to pay more for another service as well). I was quite disappointed, and no one at the spa even seemed to care of the inconvenience they cost me. I spend two hours calling spas within the area for an appointment, but being NYE they were all booked because of the short notice. On top of this, I received a call from another staff member the night before my cancelled appointment, accidentally calling me to confirm it – yes, please call a client whose appointment you cancelled to confirm a non-existing massage time – extremely unprofessional! Another issue with Rosewater is that they will tell you to take off your shoes when coming in during the winter, only so your socks can get completely soaked with the accumulated slush all over the front. I emailed the owner about the NYE situation, but surprise, surprise – I received no response.

One of my favourite Toronto Spa’s (Hammam) was kind enough to fit me in, and even though it was a bit out of my way to travel there, I was greeted with friendly staff, robes & slippers and a beautifully calm relaxation room (not to mention access to their steam room) – well worth the commute! Overall, Rosewater has a terrible staff, they are extremely disorganized, and their locations are lacking any spa vibe. If you are looking for a relaxing spa within the area I would look elsewhere, as I am sure there are other great places in Ancaster, Mississauga, etc.

Visited December 2012
11 Thank WanderlustBeauty
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We definitely did drop the ball, and please accept our appologies. I did call as we feel that we would certainly like to compensate you and preferred to speak to you directly. We hope that you will give us another chance, we look forward to hearing from you.

Oakville, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A lovely way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I enjoy going to the Rosewater Spa as a treat before going on holiday. The manicures and pedicures are done to my specifications. A choice of teas or Healthy waters is offered throughout. I do agree with the comment about the loud music..next time I will mention it while there. The other negative didn't affect me...one manicurist spoke rudely to mine..it seemed to be a car of one up manship. I'm looking forward to going for a say in February with my mother for a girls day.

Thank you for your kind words and informative information! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!
Burlington, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“For a top spa it's petty disappointing would not return”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

For our once a year 'me' time treat my friend and I tried this spa for a facial and mani and we were both really disappointed. We left saying never again. Both our facials were not relaxing my friend's therapist left her in the room for over 20 min of her treatment and mine was so rushed b/c of the way it got booked so my poor therapist was flustered and i felt like cream was being splashed on and wiped off really fast and that was called a facial. It was so disappointing i couldn't wait for it to be over! Sad b/c it's a one year treat for us moms and I just felt I spent hundreds of dollars on less then a sub par spa afternoon :( Would not go back

9 Thank WKRW
We are truly ashamed of your experience with your facials. We definitely missed the mark and would like to give you the treatment you deserve. We would appreciate you contacting us.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Had read that it's Oakville's top spa?!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

But have yet to meet anyone who enjoyed their experience there. I went with a good friend and we both felt that the staff were kind of rude, the experience was rushed and sloppy and we did NOT feel pampered at all. Likely coasting off of it's Lakeshore-esque location.

6 Thank PocketGuide
We thankyou for your feedback. And appreciate you taking the time to provide us with yours. We offer our appologies, and would like the oppurtunity to provide a stellar experience to you both. We would appreciate you contacting us.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“seaweed wrap a waste of money”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The treatment was a total disappointment. The music was too loud, the light was shinning right in my face, no time spent at all. Had mud just quickly spread on me, didnt do my feet or hands or buttocks. She used a hose on me and not the waterfall. She left the back of my body without any mud and just scrubed the front part. I was left wet while she placed the final lotion on me. My body wasnt even dried off. My hair was wrapped but ended up completely wet. A complete waste of money! I do not recommend this spa.

8 Thank charlotte1234_10
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are grateful to you for informing us of your experience here and we are embarrased. Please contact us immediately in order that we may make this up to you.