“Not the relaxing experience I was looking for....”

Rosewater Spa of Oakville
Ranked #4 of 15 Spas & Wellness in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: At the Rosewater, centuries old European skin and body care techniques are used to soothe, soften and invigorate your body, mind and soul. The Rosewater was created to set a new benchmark for personal spa services in Oakville and Burlington. We are dedicated to offering men and women the opportunity to create more balance and fulfill their personal health goals, while in a gracious atmosphere of casual elegance.
Cambridge, Canada
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Not the relaxing experience I was looking for....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I went to the Rosewater Spa before my daughter's wedding last Septmember, to treat myself to a manicure and pedicure. After spending a hectic week of travel and last minute preparations I was really looking forward to 90 mins of pampering. I felt the esthetician and I did not hit it off from the beginning. We seemed to be having some communication problems. She seemed very impatient when I didn't see a polish that I felt fit in with the color scheme of my dress and the wedding colors. She started mixing colors together, but was just not listening to me! In the end I didn't feel that she did much to shape my nails and it certainly wasn't the relaxing experience I was needing or wanting at the time. Even though I had flip flops on, by the time I got back to the hotel and dressed for dinner I had already ruined one toenail. I wished afterwards that I had saved the $110, gone back to my quiet hotel room, had a glass of wine and done them myself!

Visited September 2011
2 Thank MandB56
LizB218, Owner at Rosewater Spa of Oakville, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
I am so disappointed to learn of your less than stellar experience with us at Rosewater Spa. A thousand sincere apologies. Would you please contact me so that I may express our regrets and ask you for another chance? Everyone here at Rosewater Spa would welcome the opportunity to make it right.

Toronto
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

After being at some really pleasing spa's with an emphasis on a luxurious experience with quality spa services I was really disappointed by this spa. Not a lot of luxury and basic spa services. I had the body scrub and the water used to shower off the scrub was cold - so I was very uncomfortable.

5 Thank Caribheart
We appreciate it when guests offer feedback on their visit to Rosewater Spa. Thank you for taking the time to provide yours. We work very hard to provide a world class spa experience in a stress-free environment. I can’t imagine anything more uncomfortable than a cold shower. I am so sorry. Clearly we have some things to investigate. I do hope you’ll contact me. As Rosewater Spa’s owner and founder – I want to make it up to you. You deserve it!
Toronto, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Relaxing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

If you looking for a few hours of nice relaxation or a day at the spa this is the place to go to feel pampered. They have experiences for couples, teens, men and women. I loved the Milk and Honey body Wrap I got there and can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2011
Aren’t you kind! Thank you for your positive and encouraging feedback. Everyone at Rosewater Spa appreciates it! We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!