“Easy Access to Toronto”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Easy to find hotel located right off exit. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Continental breakfast served its purpose (also liked the fact that they kept fresh fruit, cereal, coffee/tea out all the time). Front desk staff were friendly and went the extra mile to be helpful. The town of Oakville is very nice and has great restaurants. We used the Go system (train) to go into Toronto. Very easy and beats the parking hastles.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good Hotel in a good location which is kind of hard to find for your gps but not impossible.
Nice large room with a very comfortable bed and enough water pressure in the bathroom.
Free breakfast and located right next to a tim horton's for coffee if you do not like hotel coffee.
Only a 30 minute drive to the very centre of Toronto.
I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, because it was centrally located for our day trips to Toronto and Niagara Falls. Its location allows for easy access onto the QEW highway. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even made change for the laundry (laundry room on site). Cooked breakfast and variety of items to choose from; my son liked the cookies for guests in the check in area. Easy to log onto the internet from our room and good connection. We stayed for 4 nights and housekeeping did a great job- we were four in our group so we appreciated returning to a crisp, clean room after a full day of sightseeing. The hotel itself was very quiet, I know there were guests in rooms next to us, but we never heard them. There are several good restaurants close by, but we also had a refrigerator and microwave in the room which was very convenient. Overall, this is a nice hotel, especially for the price, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were with a group touring 1000 Islands, Toronto and the Niagara Falls.
Probably the Tour organisers pay a low rate - so what we got was very decent.

We arrived Sunday late in the evening. The Staff was friendly and helpful. Good Internet connection allowed for skyping. Rooms are clean and nice. Quiet environment and inside the Hotel.

Breakfast OK but not more.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was playing a baseball tournament over the weekend, so rather than drive back and forth for two days my boyfriend and I decided to stay in the area. He was able to use his club points to secure a reservation for two nights, which was wonderful!

When we arrived around 9:00 pm the hotel was fairly quiet which I was very happy about. Friday evenings in hotels can be a little rowdy no matter where you stay. Nancy at the front desk was very welcoming and happy to answer our questions. We were given a room on the first floor, which faced out towards the main entrance. The room was large for two people; the microwave and fridge were a nice bonus as I had forgot to look up the amenities before we arrived. The bathroom was a nice size, though like many hotels, there was no fan in the bathroom, which is always a pet peeve of mine.
We attended breakfast on Saturday morning before heading out for the day. The coffee was pretty yummy and there was a good variety of items to choose from considering it was is a smaller hotel. The food I tried, oatmeal, yogurt, Danish and bagel were all fresh and hot the spot.

After a long day in the sun playing around of a dusty ball field I was dying for a shower when we got back to the room. Again, the lack of a fan in the bathroom was a little annoying, though the light on the timer seemed to help clear up the steam a bit. The showerhead had different settings, which was very nice on my sore muscles, but I had to clean it before I used it. There was scum all over the showerhead, which I did not want to touch every time I changed the settings.

Only complaint though really was the key access on one of the outer doors. There is a cover over the box obviously meant to keep water and dust of off the card reader, but the cover makes it very difficult to put the key in properly. I had to attempt the door in upwards of 10 times whenever I needed to reenter the building. I know the key was not faulty, as I only had to swipe once to get into our room.

We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My boyfriend was on a business trip, so I accompanied him, and the best part of the experience was the front desk staff. They were very sociable. Josh was more than willing to answer questions. I also saw how welcoming he was when other guests walked in. Nancy, made sure everything was ok with me. She engaged me in conversation while I was in the lobby waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up, long after I had already check out. The hospitality made me feel right at home. Not often does one get that kind of service :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family (My wife my two young children and I) attended a two day conference at the Country Inn Oakville we along with all the members attended the conference stayed at the hotel for one night. The check-in was late between 3pm to 3:30pm I asked the clerk behind the desk several times when my family could check-in the clerk told me “All the rooms are not ready yet, I told the clerk I have two small children and we had to get up early to register for the conference and my youngest is not doing well the clerk replied “Not all the rooms are ready yet” Frustrated I said “I don’t need all of the rooms I just need one, my son is not feeling well!” The clerk said if you see one of the managers walking around you can speak to him” When we were finally able to check-in after 3:40pm I asked another clerk so since we were not able to check-in until after 3:30 will we be allowed to check-out at 12:30 (I didn’t think that was unreasonable given the circumstances) she snapped at me saying “NO! We were busy check-out time is 12:00pm! When I handed in my room key/card the clerk didn’t ask me the standard “How was your stay?” and at no time did any staff member apologize for the inconvenience of the late check-in or ask if there was anything they could do for us. NOT IMMPRESSED!

Room Tip: My travel tip would be don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service when checking in. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.