“Very friendly staff.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My boyfriend was on a business trip, so I accompanied him, and the best part of the experience was the front desk staff. They were very sociable. Josh was more than willing to answer questions. I also saw how welcoming he was when other guests walked in. Nancy, made sure everything was ok with me. She engaged me in conversation while I was in the lobby waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up, long after I had already check out. The hospitality made me feel right at home. Not often does one get that kind of service :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family (My wife my two young children and I) attended a two day conference at the Country Inn Oakville we along with all the members attended the conference stayed at the hotel for one night. The check-in was late between 3pm to 3:30pm I asked the clerk behind the desk several times when my family could check-in the clerk told me “All the rooms are not ready yet, I told the clerk I have two small children and we had to get up early to register for the conference and my youngest is not doing well the clerk replied “Not all the rooms are ready yet” Frustrated I said “I don’t need all of the rooms I just need one, my son is not feeling well!” The clerk said if you see one of the managers walking around you can speak to him” When we were finally able to check-in after 3:40pm I asked another clerk so since we were not able to check-in until after 3:30 will we be allowed to check-out at 12:30 (I didn’t think that was unreasonable given the circumstances) she snapped at me saying “NO! We were busy check-out time is 12:00pm! When I handed in my room key/card the clerk didn’t ask me the standard “How was your stay?” and at no time did any staff member apologize for the inconvenience of the late check-in or ask if there was anything they could do for us. NOT IMMPRESSED!

Room Tip: My travel tip would be don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank GrantFamilyToronto
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service when checking in. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I spent one night here in April as I had a meeting in Oakville. The hotel is situated close to a number of other hotels (and a Wendy's) and is easily accesible from the highway (it's really close to the highway...). The room were comfortable but had to put the heating on as it was freezing - had opted for a room with a jacuzzi which worked very well. The ground floor location as well as facing the parking lot was not ideal but didn't bother as this was for one night only. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. Breakfast didn't hold a lot of options and you do have to go offsite for other meals.

Room Tip: Try get a room that doesn't face the parking lot. I believe this hotel is mainly used by busines...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located just outside Oakville downtown area and close to a plaza with different restaurants. Access to the QEW.

The room was clean, it had a microwave and a very good sized fridge. 4 servings of coffee.
My room was on the first floor just behind the ice making machine and I could hear the noise everytime it was used. It also back to a brick wall. Ask for a room on the second floor if you can!

Staff was friendly!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked this on one of the discount travel websites, and it turned out to be a fantastic value. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The free breakfast is more than usually found at hotels with the same star level, as it includes hot items such as meat and eggs as well as make your own waffles. The hotel is older, but is very clean and in good condition. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large enough and very clean. Best of all, the room was huge. We could easily fit our many suitcases, a crib, and all of us in the room with lots of space to spare. The only downside we found was that there is no elevator. This only proved to be an issue when checking in and taking our luggage upstairs (we were traveling for 2 weeks with a family of 5). There are also no microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. We were able to use the microwave in the dining room when needed, though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alise V
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great hotel conveniently located an hour away from Niagara Falls, Canada and 30 min from Toronto, Canada. Our family recently stayed there for 2 nights. The hotel is clean, provides decent breakfast, parking is free, staff is friendly, room size is reasonable for a family of 4 with 2 children.

Room Tip: Convenient location between Niagara Falls and Toronto
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lb_Ohio
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel. Dated room furnishings are adequate and clean. There was a writing desk, flat TV, large window with sheers and blackout drapes. Open closet has iron & board along with extra pillow and blanket. Bathroom is well lit, with a long vanity, Pantene products, and an option to use a red ceiling heat lamp. Bathtub in white tubsurround is one of the longest I've been in.

The big disappointment is with the front desk check-in. Not at all welcoming, I felt like I was putting him out by simply arriving. First, he chose to answer a call first and put them on hold, then barely speak while 'serving' me. He simply looked at the cards I provided, offerred no suggestions after indicating the room had only one bed and no, they have no cots available. That's even though I'd called twice to request either option before my arrival and am a Carlson member. Clearly, zero empathy for my situation.

As others have mentioned, breakfast has many options and is 'okay'. I had a look at the basement gym. Although the eliptical and multistation device are modern and a good brand, the two 'True' brand treadmills are narrow and cheap. There's also a coin washer and dryer down in another basement room, as are meeting rooms and small washrooms.

Wifi worked fine; there's also at least on computer in the front lobby. Tim Hortons, Wendys, and a gas station are all next door. Hiway traffic wasn't a noise problem for us.

Unless I felt confident that front desk agent found more suitable employment, I doubt I'll return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ABtraveller
TheHotelMgr, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Oakville, ON, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention. On behalf of our entire staff at the Country Inn Oakville, I apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.