All reviewstim hortonsfront desksectional sofapenthouse suitegas stationnice patiobooking sitepool and saunagrand pianorestaurant attached to the hotelstay there againhot tubtoronto areaseparate bedroomearly checklake ontariomeeting room
Reviewed April 13, 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel, having been there in July 2007 previously. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Our room was clean, fresh smelling and nicely decorated. The bathroom was fresh and clean although the toilet seat was loose and the robe hook on the back of the door needed to be adjusted so that it would actually hold clothing. (This was brought to the attention of the front desk at check-out and they seemed genuinely interested in correcting the problems.) The room was acceptably quiet and although we could hear some activities in the hallway, our sleep was not interrupted during the night.

Our only real criticism would have to be the television. In this day and age, it is time they got rid of the old cathode ray tube televisions and installed HD flat screens. The picture quality on the set in our room was definitely sub standard.

Overall though, we consider the facility to be good value and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Great hotel!! Friendly staff and great customer service…they even remembered my name the next morning, which I thought was a nice touch!
Stayed in one of the King Suites, room was modern and the amenities were great, TV could be updated though. Would 100% stay here again and again and again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My fiance and I were attending a conference in February. We opted for the hotel included in the package and were looking forward to a relaxing night's stay in a hotel. In hindsight, we would have been far better off driving back home to Toronto.
The week before the conference, I confirmed with the conference planners that the included hotel stay was based on double occupancy and that we would be roomed together.
We got to the hotel and I let them know which conference I was attending. The first irritating thing is that they took my credit card for incidentals and then wanted me to sign beside a $90 room rate. This didn't make sense to me since the room fee was covered in our package fee. I was explaining to an unfriendly desk lady why I didn't want to sign it and she just kept saying I had to. Finally another man at the conference said he had the same concern, but said it wasn't my credit card number beside the room rate. So, I ask the woman to check and she confirmed that it was not my credit card number... so why did I have to sign beside a credit card number that wasn't mine?? We give them our names, they assign us a room and give us two room keys and we go to our room.
The room was nice and clean, no complaints, except we would have preferred a king bed to two doubles.
We leave all our belongings in the room(as people normally do) go to the conference, go out for dinner and when we get back it is close to 11pm.
We are excited to get to bed since we have an early start the next day.
We go up to our room and there is a handwritten note on the door basically saying "Hi, my daughter is in your in your room and you're in the room across the hall with me". I'm looking at my fiance wondering what is going on. At that moment, the woman across the hall opens the door and is like "Hi, you're my roommate". I explain that I'm not, and that I'm sharing the stolen room across the hall with my fiance where our stuff is. This woman also has taken the liberty of moving my belongings to her room. We immediately go down to talk to the front desk.
At this point, I am furious. We have checked into a room, put our credit card for incidentals on that room and now suddenly it's not our room and I'm expected to be rooming with a woman I don't know and who knows where my fiance is supposed to be sleeping.
At the front desk, they pull out a rooming list that they clearly didn't check when they checked my fiance and I into a room. Right away I see that there is a mistake and that they have my fiance & I in different rooms. Why didn't they discover this mistake when we gave them our names while checking in. We trusted that the hotel would keep our belongings secure and they did not and it was also an invasion of our privacy.
The front desk manager is apologetic and says he will find us another room. Finally he finds one in the computer and asks for my credit card for incidentals. I have him rip up the credit card on file for the room which is no longer ours. He prints our the confirmation and he wants me to sign beside a $135 room rate! He says that he can not run the reservation through the computer without a credit card number. I let him know that there is no way I'm paying for another room! He says don't worry, you're not paying for it. So, I have him circle my credit card number, make a note that the room won't be charged to our credit card and he initials, and I sign.
We go to our room and have the worst sleep ever. I was so angry and in disbelief about the situation and in shock that we could be given a room and the hotel would just allow people to access to the room and give it away with our stuff in it and without contacting us to let us know of the rooming list mistake.
I barely sleep the whole night and leave just enough time in the morning to get up and get to the conference. I go to the front desk to check out, give them my keys and they tell me my total is $140!! I am in shock. The guy at the desk assured us we wouldn't pay for the room, assured me that my credit card wouldn't be charged and now they want to bill us for the room. I ask to see the confirmation where my credit card is and where the guy initialed and magically it's gone missing.
The woman at the desk is insisting I have to pay for the room. I get a manager on the phone and after explaining the situation, she says we don't have to pay for the room. I am concerned that they will charge my card (since they had my credit card for incidentals), the manager assures me that they will not charge me for the room.
I get to the conference late because of the ordeal at the desk.
I get my credit card statement this week... and guess what is on it! A $90 charge for the room. I call the credit card company and they say I have to call the hotel to take it off. I talk to a manager who manipulates what I say and says that I have to pay for the room. She twisted the situation and just said they handled the situation properly and basically that it wasn't there fault that there was a mistake on the rooming list.
How can customer service be so terrible???? They checked me and my fiance into a room and then gave the room to someone else with our stuff in it. This is a serious security issue. Even if the rooming list had a mistake, they should have figured this out when we went to check into our rooms and after the fact, they should have realized that made a mistake and resolved it instead of just letting strangers go into our room and access our personal belongings.
This was by far the worst customer service experience that I've ever had.
Do not stay at this hotel unless you want to risk having your room with your belongings given to someone else and have a terrible sleep.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Lee1108, Director Of Sales at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2010

Regretfully, this incident was due to room assignment mix -up. Based on the preassigned rooming list from the group. Every effort is made to ensure that our room reservations are recorded properly, unfortunately, at times our high standards fall short. Complaints such as yours are taken very seriously, and we assure you that yours is a very rare experience. This matter was reviewed with the staff concerned in order to prevent recurrence.

Reviewed September 10, 2009

Employees always greet with a smile and a very pleasant.
Rooms are always comfortable and very clean.....love the king size beds with the big pillows!
Location is perfect; Beautiful Oakville boardering Burlington.....I travel for business in central and soutwestern Ontario.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Just got back today from a 2 day vacation at Oakville. I can't say enough good things about the front desk manager. Our King Suite room at the Quality Hotel was one of the best we've ever experienced. Room was very spacious, clean and well decorated. The halls appeared to be freshly painted. The staff was friendly and very attentive to our needs. On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate it a 12!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple