“Just Ok”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ottawa, Canada
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the hotel, when we attended my Granddaughters took part in a recent skating competition. When we first arrived I was wondering what the rest of the hotel would be like as the outside appearance was not an award winning hotel. Upon entering I have to say we were surprised. My daughter arranged for us to have a king suite, very nice with the exception of the dust behind the TV and window-ledge. I travel a lot for business so I double check everything. The only area I would say the only area the hotel lacks is customer service. On two different occasions I had to come to the front desk, only to find the manager and a front desk staff member talking and laughing in their own language, the second time was between the front desk staff member and a room attendant. Even though I know they are not talking about myself our any other guest. One would not know this, especially when they go back to their own language after dealing with me. As a Manager for the OLG we employee a very multi lingual staff. At no given time are they allowed to speak in their own language while on duty, this includes while they are on breaks, not just in front of guests. I would recommend that this be addressed with the staff in order to improve in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DOS135, Front Office Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Heather

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apolgize for the experience delivered by our team and let me assure you that this is not the norm.

All our rooms are checked on a daily basis for cleanliness by our Director of Rooms and I will be addressing your feedback with all the team members. It is our company policy that our team members use English and French as the main language of communication. However, in this instance that was not the case and will be addressing this with our team members so that this does not occur again.

Thank you so much for your valued feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel next time you visit Oakville.

Sincerely
Catherine Quiricol
Guest Services Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Firstly, their elevators do not work. It is unacceptable the way the hotel staff treated the situation.
Secondly, if you are hoping to have a nice room don't count on it. The beds are hard, the comforters are anything but comforting and there are no mini fridges or outlets in the room!
Thirdly, there was hair in the bathtub when we first arrived! DISGUSTING!

Room Tip: if for some reason you MUST stay at this hotel make sure your rooms are not next to the banquet hall...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DOS135, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. Me and my team members are saddened and disappointed to note your comments.

However, we have looked into our records and we do not seem to have any record of our elevators malfunctoning on that day and we did not have any banquet function. All our beds are new and we do not use comforters, so we are looking into your feedback deeply. In the meantime, please give me a call on the below number to discuss your stay details- so that we could ensure that our team is trained properly to address these situations.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Catherine Quiricol
Guest service manager- 905-847-6667
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The outside looks bad but the inside looks good. The pool and hotub were awesome. The sona was good had really fun work out place nice suites were good. The price was really good service was amazing. I was there for vacation plus hockey tournament . The party room was okay. The good thing is there a Tim hortons in it and a nother restraunt

• Stayed February 2012
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

My company held a seminar here and I was booked into a standard room. Fast, friendly check-in, nice lobby, clean rooms with comfy beds and flat panel tv's, fluffy towels, nice decor. Good access to the QEW and equal distance to both Pearson and Hamilton airports. Only about a 5 minute drive to the beautiful Oakville waterfront area.

• Stayed October 2012
waterford, mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I felt like I had my own apartment. There was a kitchen area with microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, sink, desk and 2 chairs. The living room area had a very comfortable sofa, large foostool, and tv. The bedroom area was a separate room (with a door). The bed was very comfortable and had 5-6 pillows to choose from. Also another tv. The bathroom could have used a make-up mirror but oher than that was fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Waterford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We rent this hotel, because we did not want to pay extra money for hotel next to Niagra Falls, which are very expensive. Also we want to explore more of the Canada. We placed reservation online and then when we got there it was no problem to check in. They do give you AAA discount, just show the card when you check in. Place was clean, except for the spider on the wall. Bed and pillows are comfortable. Water in the sink did not want to go down the drain. Parking lot small, only one entrance to hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I dont often find many hotels in the choice chain that i would go back to but this propery was very well run and a great value using only 8000 points Were upgraded to a penthouse suite as it was available and hotel more like a hampton inn or better I dont use choice hotels often as have seen more bad than good but my points were going to expire this year and this was a great find there is a tim hortons next door as breakfest not in hotel I found choice hotels normally want 12000 to 24000 points for ones in northern states and finding this one was a bargin

Room Tip: about 25 miles west of toronto canada just of expressway Went to food court on the way at sherway ga...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple