Overall a decent hotel -- slightly better than what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. Very nice lobby, and very welcoming front desk staff. Everything was good, but not great. Guest room was exactly what you'd expect (we had a suite), and the indoor pool and fitness facility were quite good.
Our only frustration, albeit minor, was with the restaurant. It looks nice and could be a good place - but needs mgmt attention. We went for Sunday brunch (C$16, incl coffee) during our stay.
Half of the vacant tables in the restaurant were left uncleaned - still covered with dishes and food remnants of previous guests. It makes for an awful first impression of a restaurant.
The servers were OK, but were hardly warm, welcoming or all that attentive. None seemed all that happy to be there.
The buffet food would have been decent, had it been kept stocked. Even though we were there in the middle of breakfast hours (and the place was far from full), the buffet - especially the hot food - was not kept adequately stocked. We even had to ask someone to go find plates and juice glasses for us.
Croissants were day old (or maybe older). Like bricks. Plus we had to get our own jam from other guests at other tables.
The one shining star: the omlette and waffle station. The cook stationed there was very warm and outgoing, and his food was absolutely fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Oakville at Bronte Hotel. The Holiday Inn Oakville at Bronte is ideally located in beautiful Oakville, Ontario, halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls. When you stay with us, you'll enjoy friendly, superior service, top-quality amenities and rates that won't break your budget.We know business travelers, and we do everything we can to go above and beyond other Oakville hotels in meeting your needs. We feature a 24-hour business centre and offer free Wi-Fi and Wired high-speed Internet access in all rooms and throughout the hotel. We feature more than 7,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space and provide food & beverage facilities. We are also in close proximity to major transportation arteries and area businesses, including the Oakville Ford Plant, Goodrich Landing Gear and the Tim Hortons head office.After a day of sightseeing, golfing or shopping, join us at Marquis Bistro, our hotel's on-site restaurant, for a great meal at a fair price. You can unwind with a drink from our lounge or a trip to our heated, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna or fitness centre. Afterward, enjoy a restful night's sleep in one of our triple-sheeted beds with soft throw blankets and soft or firm pillows .When you're looking for the best of Oakville hotels, look no further than Holiday Inn Oakville at Bronte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte Hotel Oakville
- Oakville Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte Ontario