“I'm a Marriott loyalist but was pleasantly surprised by the room, cleanliness and service”

Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Overall good hotel. Easy access to various food/auto places. Small kitchenette but seemed newer, was functional, LOVED the door separating bedroom from rest of suite for privacy from kids in the living area full length mirror was nice to have, polite/professional staff, clean, overall a really good review, would stay again on my own, with a few BUTs......Need more in the little "store" area, selection very limited to vending machine type items, I thought as with Fairfield and Hampton Inns there would be some solid food items to microwave after a very late game, ALSO.. need COCA COLA IN ADDITION TO MY HATED PEPSI, PLEASE??? Would have paid premium too.

2. This is only the second time in 11 years, and a Canadian team asked us as Americans, if we knew why the hotel would split the teams onto different floors. The other teams never had this happen, we did once at Nationals with a new hotel manager suffering many complaints while booking, in California. We were all there for the same tournament and it is almost unheard of to not assign whole teams to the same floor as a general rule except for special requests to cut down on noise, elevator tie ups for other guests, kids having to run up and down halls and stairs causing noise for guests not involved to get to teammates room, and less worry for parents/chaperones, to not have their kid running thru a hotel filled with strangers, esp since there was a wedding that weekend. Just for reference the point of blocking the rooms is for team bonding, hanging out and maybe eating together, last minute team meetings, ride coordination, etc. We all gave up trying to keep it straight and with international cell phone issues, it was annoying as the girls couldn't text or easily call one another. We all understand late arrivals and occasional one or two rooms elsewhere with logistics, but overall placement was unfortunate. Front desk staff however was a fine example of professional and helpful in every way requested. Give them a raise with the busy weekend they had!

• Stayed: September 2013
Natasha I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Guest(s),

Thank you for all your comments.

We will be discussing your feedback with our entire team and keep them in mind for our future group reservations.

I am glad that your overall experience was good at our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback cause this is what helps us to provide good customer service to our guest.

We hope to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel was chosen as 'home base' for our daughter's wedding and it worked out very well. Clean and well appointed hotel with a restaurant and small lounge so more than a plain business hotel. Conference / wedding facilities onsite (although we did not use them). A distinguishing factor is the quality of staff from housekeeping to the restaurant to the front desk - consistently friendly capable and helpful. Central location to all of the venues associated with the wedding - quick access to Mississauga, Burlington, Hamilton, Pearson airport and even the west end of Toronto plus the GO transit system and Via Rail station in Oakville.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest(s),

Thank you for your positive feedback. We have shared this with our staff from all the departments.

Your positive comments help us strive higher to deliver good customer service.

Please accept this note of gratitude from the entire staff at the Holiday Inn.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here for two nights because I had to attend a conference in Oakville and rather than brave the 401 each morning for two hours of frustrating, hair pulling traffic..I booked a hotel instead.

I booked through Hotwire and I was pleased when I received this hotel for $95 taxes included a night. First impression of the hotel was that its lobby was immaculate and well appointed. I checked in within 3 minutes and my only disappointment was the lack of mini-fridges in these units. I told the gentleman who checked me in that I was hoping they would have them because I hate eating out 3X a day when Im out of town.. He said he understood, but it would be an extra $20+tax a night for a room with a mini-frige. They have minibars in each room but I think you also have to shell out for a mini bar key, which is sort of lame. I wasn't even asked if I wanted a minibar key?

There seems to be a decent restaurant on site with pool and a gym, however I was too busy and exhausted from the conference to try out these amenities.

First impression of my room was that it was clean, comfortable and well-kept. I enjoyed the large bathroom, the bathtub was immaculate, and there was a large vanity/mirror with coffee maker (thank god). I had a standard two queen bed room and I truly didn't have any complaints..

Newspaper left on doorstep each morning was a nice touch. It was literally seconds from the highway..cant complain on the location.

I did read other reviews complaining about the plethora of weddings and loud guests, but I did not incur any issues and I did notice a wedding at the hotel next door. I'm sure these are large affairs and well, I can only assume there will be drunk, rowdy guests which the hotel has little control over..

The one thing I did take note of was the cleaning staff.. They just seemed exhausted and overworked. I did see the manager giving some stern talk to two restaurant employees in the lobby and they didnt seem too thrilled about it..but I actually felt bad for the cleaners. They were also polite to me in the elevator and did a great job, but they just seemed overworked and underpaid, ya know? I felt for them..must be a tough, tough job.. I tipped them for their daily cleaning of my room as it was always done well..but I felt like giving them a hug or something.

In addition, I did notice that they also had a complimentary hors d'oeuvres with cocktails in the main lounge as a customer appreciation one night which I found to be a nice touch..

All in all, I would be back if I was in the area.. Wouldn't recommend it for a romantic getaway for any means, but if you need to stay in the area, close to the highway, then go for it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NiagaraK8
Natasha I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Guest (s),

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments and also give us relatively good feedback on what we need to improve.

We take all your comments into consideration and your opinions mean a lot to us as that is what helps us deliver good customer service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have further questions and if you would like to stay with us again.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We got a great deal over Labour Day weekend by redeeming IHG Rewards points.

This hotel is outside of the city, but just off the QEW if you’re driving downtown (30 minutes + traffic) or about a mile away from the nearest GO train station, which takes about 40 minutes to downtown. There are sidewalks to walk to the station, or free parking if you choose to drive. Prices vary by zone of travel, but expect to pay ~$8 one-way. Group passes are an absolute bargain at $33 for up to 5 people traveling together on a day pass.

This is a large hotel situated next to the Oakville Conference Center. Although it has a ton of rooms and a big wedding group arrived at the same time as me, check-in was quick, friendly, and easy.

I booked a room with two queen beds and found it to be quite spacious. We had no problems fitting four adults into the room during our stay. In addition to the beds, there was a desk, dresser, flat-screen TV, sitting chair, mini bar (ask for the key at the front desk), and closet.

I found the bed, pillows (soft or firm), and linens to be adequate, but not fancy. I slept just fine! Despite a wedding group also booked at the hotel, we had no issues with noise from the hallway or neighboring rooms.

Bathroom amenities included standard Bath & Body Works shampoo, conditioner, and lotion as well as generic bar soap. The front desk also accommodated a request for a complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste.

Wi-fi was free in our room and was fast enough for general internet browsing, but hiccuped a little when streaming a Youtube video. We had enough outlets to go around, though some of them only had power when the light switch was also turned on, surprising us with uncharged devices the next morning.

Breakfast is an additional charge in their restaurant downstairs or as room service (6am-11pm). Prices seemed comparable to local full-service restaurants, but I didn’t eat there so I can’t comment on the quality of food or service. There is a Tim Horton’s across the street, and $5 will easily buy you a breakfast sandwich and coffee.

Except for a stain on the ceiling (I’m guessing water damage), the room was quite clean.

I didn’t spend any time using their facilities, but there is an indoor pool, whirlpool, and gym on site.

Frankly, if you’ve never been to Toronto, I’d probably suggest that you spend some time downtown to soak up the city itself, but for my purposes, this hotel in the suburbs fit my needs exactly. I really appreciate things like free parking, free wi-fi, and comfortable rooms and I especially like it when I can get a deal!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bqkali
Natasha I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the positive feedbacks that you have mentioned in your comment.

It gives us so much pride about our product and service when each and every department and facility of the hotel has been enjoyed by you.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future and provide you with the service that you are expecting from us.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice looking hotel and conveniently located by QEW and Bronte Road. Seemed clean and well. Now onto the bad points. Walls seem thin as we could hear virtually every door open and close and all the regular hallway noise. Its gets better (worse??) With the attached convention centre, there was a lot of party goers there on a Sauturday which served to CRANK up the level of hallway noise. Exercise room needs an overhaul - too small and it needs more air vents

Bottom line - very convenient place to stay if you are attending a party in the area but a bad choice if you are a light sleeper without earplugs

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

Your comments are much appreciated and we will be taking corrective measures to make sure that we do not experience this problem in the future.

We hope that you will stay with us again and will make sure everything goes good with your stay.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We checked into this hotel for a one night stay and we were pleasantly surprised. Very clean. The beds were quite comfortable. The girl at the front desk was very courteous and helpful. We needed directions from oakville into Toronto and she printed off the map with directions which we were thankful for. Had breakfast in the restaurant the following morning. You could order from the menu or have the buffet. We chose the buffet and it was the usual breakfast fare and was not too bad for a buffet. Easy access to the highway as well. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Natasha I, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I have passed this on to the entire staff at the hotel. Its amazing that you enjoyed every aspect of the your stay. Thank you for sharing this with us.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights on business at the end of September 2013. The hotel is older but has been maintained in decent condition. The best attribute of this hotel is it's staff. Everyone was very helpful and always took care of anything I needed. My biggest complaint and the main reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating was the lack of any sort of included continental breakfast. I had to get an early start and didn't have time to sit and order breakfast from the menu. Otherwise, you can't really go wrong staying here for business.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest (s),

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of all at the Holiday Inn Oakville at Bronte for your comments.

Your feedback about the continental breakfast is much appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

We hope to welcome you soon.