“Quite Suprised”

Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in August 2011. My cousin was getting married and all out of town guest were staying here. We had a suite for four of us. A little cramped but there was also 4 adults in the room and a non stop flow of guests. We had dinner at the hotel on the Thursday and was suprised at how good the food was. And the servings were huge. The room was very clean and the staff went out of their way to do anything we needed. Children had fun at the pool. No complaints about the hotel. Not really close to much - seems more of a place you stay while travelling or where meetings are. It was about 10 mins from where the wedding took place. Would stay again if visiting family on Oakville.

Room Tip: You need a card to access the ice machines. Don't get a room near the elevators - like any hote...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rileymacdonald

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We had 5 rooms booked and were attending a wedding at the Oakville Convention Centre which is attached but you have to go outside to get from one to the other and there was wind and snow that night. I do not understand why they can not have a passage between the two. The rooms and front desk staff were above average and we were very pleased with everything

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We spent 2 nights here and found the rooms to be very nice. Beds were comfy, pillows and bedding were nice. The bath products were also from Bath and Body Works (nice!). The only downside was no free breakfast and no mini-fridge. Great location and very easy to get on/off the highway. Front desk was very helpful when the room hairdryer died - got a new one right away. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank S P
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay here routinely on business trips to Oakville. The staff behind the counter has always been quite friendly, and the room has always been clean and well kept. The beds are very comfortable and the electronics appear to be new. I really don't have a single complaint with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We had to get away from work and extended family for a few days and we decided to try out this hotel that was conveniently right off the QEW.

It was wonderful, the staff were so friendly and took great care of my family. The food was AWESOME, great prices good value expecially travelling with kids.

The pool is quite nice with a whirlpool and sauna too.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

July 30th was our friend's wedding in Oakville and we decided to stay at the Holiday Inn on Bronte rd with most of the wedding party for the long weekend. Our room was very clean and a good size. The front desk was very helpful and even gave us some great places to check out in the area (like Bronte Village and Harbour). We ate dinner at the restaurant and really enjoyed the food. Overall everyone had a great time and we were all very impressed with the hotel. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We were with a group so got a good rate. Next best would have been advanced purchase theough the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2011

So I stayed at the Holiday Inn Bronte twice. Both times I regret it right away. First time I wasn't happy with the price of the food. It was over price for what was on the plate. I figure its a hotel it happens not every time can be great. What made it easy to never go back was the second trip to that hotel.

The second time I noticed a few bites on my back and leg. You would think they would not have bugs for the price you pay for the room. I felt trapped in the lobby. My room had bugs and you have nothing to do outside the hotel, so I spent a long time in the lobby.

I found another Holiday Inn off the Qew just like bronte. At least I had a mall, restaurant Go transit to help me keep the kids busy.

I gave the hotel a 2 overall only because I felt bad giving it a 1. Never did that before and the bugs give me a good reason.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Larrylin
GeneralManager65, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville @ Bronte, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Customer: Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations and would like to encourage you to contact me directly in order to properly address some of the concerns noted.
There are many great places to visit in Oakville and they are in close proximity to the hotel, hopefully you will be able to take advantage of these on your next trip into the area.
In regards to bugs at the hotel, I can assure you we do not have issues regarding pest control. We have a dedicated and diligent Housekeeping department that works very hard through an inspection and training program to ensure we are pest free. We do get some critters coming into the hotel, but these are limited to lady bugs, mosquitoes and flies and is normal to see during the summer months as in most places and homes.
Please contact me directly to discuss your experience so I am able to get additional information that will assist us in determining the nature of the concern.
Once again, thank-you for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon.
Kind Regards