“A little noisy”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Portland, Oregon
“A little noisy”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I recently stayed 2 nights at this facility for business. The rate is a little high give location and quality, but I suppose it gets the bump because of the generally high prices in the Greater Toronto Area. The hotel needs updating. Also, I had a courtyard facing room. The noise from the lobby went straight up and made it very noise in the evening and morning with people at the restaurant / bar.

Room Tip: Get and exterior facing room. The courtyard rooms are really noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Mark R
Thank you for your recent review on your stay. I am glad to hear you found good value in our hotel location and service. We would be happy to provide you with an exterior facing room on your next stay. Let us know when you are making your reservation and we will block your room. The interior rooms do provide a balcony and are often desired by our family travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Toronto
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am staying here for a conference as I write this. The room I have is wonderful, lots of room and a large bed. The company pre booked the rooms so I am unclear as to the name of it but it was the end of the hall attached to the stair well so the bed was on an angle which was different to see. My fridge was smelly and house keeping cleaned it right away after I mentioned it. It is nice that the wifi is free and I am using it to right this review. The bed is super comfy, the sofa and chair are not bad to lounge on and the bathroom is very clean. I have no complaints. The front desk even has cookies in the evening which is a very nice touch. I really like staying here and I also really like the restaurant. You can read my reviews on it under the "Courtyard Bistro" Oakville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Michelle H,
Thank you again for providing our hotel with a 5 star review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to correct your concerns quickly. Thank you for such wonderful feedback and in assisting other travelers when making a choice as to where to stay and eat when in Oakville. We hope to see you back soon and look forward to welcoming you back. Sincerely, Gino Zambito – General Manager.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here recently for one night prior to a business meeting. I had stayed at this hotel quite a few years ago and the rooms have been nicely upgraded. I stayed in a King Executive room and everything from the decor to the linen to the robe provided (not used) was excellent. The one thing I wish they would do however is to upgrade the keycard locks on the doors. They didn't work very well last time I stayed years ago and they still don't work very well. It took two to three attempts before I was able to open my door each time I returned to the room. Another thing I remember from being here in the past and it is the same now is that the tubs do not drain very well. You end up standing in a lot of water while showering.

Even with the few drawbacks I think this is a good hotel and will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Gutch2
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend out hotel. We are currently working on upgrading our key card system and hope to have a new one in place in the new year. We provide a drain cleaning on a regular basis to ensure proper draining and will check you room to correct this problem. I am glad you were able to enjoy the King Executive room. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Regards
Gino Zambito
Lima - Peru
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My friend and I stayed only one night on August , we had an outside room, with a view of the street.
The room was nice, very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom had amenities (Body lotion, shampoo and soap from Bath &Body Works).
The wifi was fast and I had a good reception from my room.
The only bad thing was the shower didn´t have hot water on the night, when I tried to calll the receptionist about the problem, nobody aswered it.
But the next day in the morning I didn´t have a problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patty_T_S
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Patty_T_S
Thank you very much for your 4 star view on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the situation you experienced with the hot water. I checked our records and do not show any records of problems with hot water. I am glad that the hot water was available for the morning. We look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager
Upstate NY
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Booked the Holiday Inn on Expedia while staying for a hockey tournament in Hamilton. Arrived at about 8 PM on Saturday night and got our room. The room, while acceptable, had no window to the outside, but only a sliding door into the hallway with the elevator doors right across. I called the front desk and asked if there would be a room with a window and was told no. Then they called back with and option to upgrade to and executive floor and a room with a window for $15, which I declined. The black out shade for the window wouldn't close the whole width, so a foot wide width of sheer open to the elevator lobby was open all night. Thankfully we were staying only one night. Totally bush league.

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a window to the outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. We do have a number of different types of accommodation available which can be chosen at the time of booking. I noticed that the night you stayed we did have limited availability and thus the number of choices was also limited. We have also corrected the blackout drapes so that they may close fully. It appeared that the last clip on the black out was stuck not causing it to close fully. Please feel free to reach out to me for your next stay so we can ensure we can secure your preferred room type. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Oakville. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager
London, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Another great night spent at the Holiday Inn in Oakville (Argus). Hotel is clean and fresh. Last time I was here I had a room overlooking the in door pool which made for a noisy morning. This time I had an outside room and it was a lot better.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear kmsultan
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn (Argus) again. It’s our goal to have our guests return when revisiting the area. We were very happy to have you back. I was glad to see that our suggestion of the outside room made your stay more enjoyable and noise free. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn @ Trafalgar and we look forward to your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the labour day weekend for 3 days. It is a very nice hotel. The front desk staff are very friendly whether at the desk or when you see them in the hallways. The hotel is very tastefully decorated. Lots of free parking, a bonus. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the one bedroom suite very large and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear debbie k
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay. I was very happy to hear your 3 day stay was enjoyable. Our one bedroom suite is the most sought after room, due to the extra space and amenities provided. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager