“Not to pleased”

Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I made reservations, and when I did, I informed the staff that I was a gold member of the priority club and asked for an upgrade because my wife was coming with me on this business trip.
Well upon checking in I was informed that I could not have any upgrade so my wife and I had a 2 double beds. Upon opening the room it smelled of SMOKE, cigarettes, and I had a non-smoking room.
An accompanying fellow engineer had an adjacent room, he had no hot water in the shower, He called twice before someone actually came to verify, yep no hot water, then he finally got moved to another room.
I asked twice about a larger room with a larger bed, NOPE, so we checked out early and came home.
Even being a gold priority club member, I will not stay there again, OH and my fellow engineer will not either.

Room Tip: Can't recommend, however the staff is friendly and did try, it was just not the best experience...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear denjulie
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay. As a Priority Club – Gold member we strive to ensure your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. We are usually very good in providing the complimentary upgrade to our Gold Members, unfortunately this was one of the times that all our upgraded rooms were taken as the hotel was close to capacity. Our Executive rooms are very popular with the private access and the King size bed. Our hotel is 100% smoke free and we promote this throughout the hotel. I am sorry that the past guest did not respect our smoke free policy, but was happy to hear that we were able to provide you alternate accommodations. I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in being able to provide you with the Priority Club – Gold member upgrade on a future stay. Please call me directly on your next visit to the area and I will personally ensure that we are able to secure your upgraded for yourself and your fellow engineer. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to be of better service to you on a future stay. Sincerely Gino Zambito – General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville Centre @ Trafalgar – 905.842.5000x7235

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Oakville Centre

Reviewed January 29, 2013

From the minute I arrived I felt very welcome. I am not sure how but the front desk agent addressed me by my name every time I walked by. The bedrooms were amazing! I don't remember what they looked like before but I know it was nothing like it was this stay. My aunt told me there was a renovation, I never would have thought it was the same hotel except for the unique shape of the building. I love the decor and the room was spotless. For breakfast, I enjoyed a cheerful waitress who was friendly to everyone, not just me. The breakfast buffet was amazing!
A great deal, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The 5th and 6t floor are great!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Alex D
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with the Holiday Inn Oakville Centre to everyone. Yes we very fortunate to have a 3.5 million dollar renovations to all our bedrooms and public areas. I am very happy to hear that you approve of all the changes. Our housekeeping staff work diligently to ensure our rooms are clean and comfortable so all our guests may relax and enjoy their stay. Our staff is definitely our strength, be it from the front desk person who remembers your name to the waitress who is joyful and cheery. We hope to see you back on your next visit to the area. Regards Gino Zambito General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville Centre @ Trafalgar.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here last week and going back. Fantastic location for the old town, shopping mall across the road, super Whole food store the other way and the Go Station (trains) less than 5 mins walk away. Hotel rooms nice and clean, comfy beds and the breakfast fine. Staff all lovely.

Room Tip: Floor 6 was for business only. If you like to see daylight ask for a room with a window to the outs...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Denise P
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Denise P,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We love to hear that our guest want to come back for our service, product and location. Our staff take great pride and go out of their way to ensure our guest needs are accomdated. We look forward to your next visit! Sincerlely, Gino Zambito – General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville Centre @ Trafalger.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I tried this hotel again after a disappointing stay some 14 months ago. (I booked for a night - wish it could have been more) - and I was really pleased with the entire experience! The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming which is an incredible asset to any establishment. The hotel has undergone renovations and the thing that caught my eye immediately was the carpeting. Tasteful and extremely attractive...My executive King Suite was roomy, well designed and comfortable. Cosy chesterfield complete with cushions and coffee table to add to a relaxing experience. Finishings in the room were top end and attention was obviously paid to every detail for their guest's comfort... I checked out the room service menu which has been 'revamped' and the new choices looked attractive and tempting. A terrific night's sleep followed by a delightful cold continental breakfast and outstanding coffee in the dining room added up to a wonderful stay and one I will definitely repeat. A hotel dedicated to providing you with the best they have to offer AND it SHOWS*

Room Tip: The hotel is located close to the QEW however, the noise factor is minimal. I would suggest that yo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Julia S
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Julia S,
I thank you for sharing your success story and your wonderful experience during your last stay. Our hotel has undergone an extensive $3.5 million dollar renovation from our lobby to all our bedrooms. Our staff is dedicated to providing great service and a great hotel experience to all our guests. I am happy you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet with the choice of cold and hot items. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and we look forward to your future visits. Sincerely Gino Zambito – General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville Centre @ Trafalgar .

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would like to thank the staff at the Holiday Inn Oakville for helping us have a very successful weekend. We stayed last weekend with a group of fellow hockey families and everyone had a great time! The staff was nice and friendly, the rooms were clean, and the hotel was prepared for the amount of kids that we had in our group. We enjoyed our hospitality suite for the team party and the kids all had lots of fun in and out of the pool. Thanks to the Philippa in the Sales Office for making sure that all was taken care of for us. We will be back again next year!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Jennifer S.
Thank you for writing such a complimentary review on the Holiday Inn Oakville! We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Our staff takes great pride in catering to our guests needs and our facilities make the Holiday Inn the perfect choice for hockey teams. We hope your team did well in the tournament. We look forward to having you and the team back for next year! Sincerely – Gino Zambito – General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville @ Trafalgar.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed in two rooms for a week in December 2012 for a family visit. The hotel is excellent. We did not have a single issue to report during the stay. The breakfast was excellent, with fresh orange juice and good coffee. Beds were conformable and the rooms were quite, in spite of being next to the QEW. The one thing that bothered us a bit was the low showers: none of us are tall, but we still had to bend down to wash our hair. The hotel is close to shops and restaurants, and it is a 5 minutes drive to Lake Ontario and the Oakville city center. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IndoTrader
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Indo Trader
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay. We are delighted that you choose the Holiday Inn Oakville @ Trafalgar for your family visit. Our location does make for easy access to and from the QEW. The area also provides convenient access to shopping at the Oakville Centre and a great relaxing drive to Lake Ontario. Our breakfast buffet is well received and a great way to start the day. For your next visit let me know and we will look forward to supplying you an extension on the shower head so you can enjoy the message shower head. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Oakville! Regards Gino Zambito – General Manager – Holiday Inn Oakville @ Trafalgar.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was really impressed by how friendly the staff were here and how genuine they were. Even when the front desk was busy, the continued to be patient with every guest and providing their undivided attention, while acknowledging those waiting in line.

The rooms were clean and newly renovated, the pool is really nice and bright with a high ceiling and large windows.

Even better was the breakfast buffet, of which I made sure to try one of everything including bagels, cereal, eggs, fruit, you name it.

I would definitely stay here again, especially because they are in a great location and made me feel so welcome.

Fawn

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fawn N
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Fawn,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and am glad to hear that you enjoyed our stay with us. We work very hard to provide the best in service and product for our guests and I am always happy to hear when our guest appreciates the differences that set us apart. I feel we have the best staff in the city and I am glad that they were successful in making you feel at home. Our breakfast buffet is well received by many of our guest and a perfect way to start your day. Our location is convenient with easy to access. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit. Regards - Gino Zambito - General Manager - Holiday Inn Oakville Centre @ Trafalgar.