“A+ in every aspect”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Collingwood, Canada
“A+ in every aspect”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have stayed in this newly renovated hotel several times and will continue to do so. The service at the front desk has been flawless, fast and friendly, the rooms clean and spacious.
The pool is sparkling clean. The staff at the restaurant/bar very attentive. Plenty of free parking and conveniently located near a GO-station and shopping. All in all, from the manager down; great place to "hang your hat"!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marjaanderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Arizona
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The stay was fine, the room good. The people at the desk were great. The problem was when I asked for a taxi at the desk I was directed to the Qureshi Limousine service instead and the hotel would make the reservation. I was quoted $60 to the airport by the hotel staff but when I got to the airport it was $65. This didn't sound right because I had come to the hotel from the airport for $58. Looking back I should have insisted on the taxi but I thought Holiday Inn wouldn't steer me wrong. Yes, it is only a few bucks but I was left with this final impression that wasn't positive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank profAZ
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear profAZ:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I was very sorry to hear about the lack of service you received from our recommended airport transportation provider. We have brought your review to the attention of the owner of the company and will assure you that this will not happen again. We have also used your review as a training tool with our Guest Service Agents to ensure that guests are getting the level of service we strive to provide.

Thank you once again.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past year and have always enjoyed my stay with them. The staff is very friendly and attentive; I always feel welcome walking in! The rooms are very modern, new, and comfortable. Great layout with the restaurant and lounge in the atrium next to the pool with plenty of places to relax. The lounge is a perfect place to grab a drink and unwind. Thank you General Manager Julie McDonald and the rest of the Oakville Holiday Inn staff for another wonderful stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erik R
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Spent two night there. Checking in was a trial (had booked through a famous Web site and they messed up the name!) with the desk clerk being a real pain. The rooms are OK, standard hotel fare. The pool is small but acceptable. Amentities OK. Pretty much, "OK" sums it all up. Probably won't stay there again as there was nothing to stand out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Brutus58:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. It sounds like your experience here was not indicative of the usual service levels we strive to achieve. We take pride in getting to know our guests. We have devoted additional resources to staff training and development to ensure that every experience is a great one.

Please contact us directly to make your next reservation. We would love the opportunity to have you score us at the top of your review ranking.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was well priced, clean and very convenient to find. We stayed two nights while we toured local amusement parks and were quite pleased with these accomodations. Very satisfied customers. The pool was warm, ample free parking, helpful front staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn overnight to attend a friend's wedding on Aug 4. It was extremely easy to find, right of the QEW. We had booked the room online ahead of time, so check in was quick and simple, front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was fairly clean, though I did notice some mildew around the edges of the bathtub. The air conditioner was extremely noisy, and woke us up every time it turned on during the night. The buffet breakfast was mediocre at best. The scrambled eggs were overcooked from being kept on the heater, and the juice tasted very watered down.

The biggest disappointment for our stay was the electronic lock on our room, and how they handled the situation. Our keycards never worked! When we first checked in, we stood outside our room for 5 minutes swiping our cards over and over, to no avail. We were rescued by a member of the housekeeping staff, who told us that the "lock to this room has always been temperamental". We complained several times to the front desk, and each time they would just assign us a new set of keycards, and tell us to keep them away from our cellphones. The second time we got stuck outside our room, a hotel employee came by, promptly told us we weren't swiping the cards correctly, and tried to show us how to do it. It didn't work for him either, and I would have laughed if I wasn't so upset by his demeanor. "Did you place the cards near your cellphone?" was the first thing every employee asked when we told them the cards weren't working; I was really put off by the accusatory tone of the question. In the morning my boyfriend and I ended up taking breakfast separately just to avoid getting stuck outside the room again. In any other circumstances I would have requested a new room, but we were only staying for one night, and we just decided to put up with it.

Overall, I wasn't impressed, and I'd probably pick another hotel if I ever had to stay overnight in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Elvina C:

I am sorry to hear that your experience at our property was not a great one. We are in the process of devoting additional resources to improve our lock system as well as associate training. We definitely could have done things better in this situation.

I apologize once again, please contact me directly at gm@hioakville.com if you decide you may return to the area. We would like the opportunity to be able to make your next stay a great one.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed 3 nights for work and would recommend to anyone. Rooms are nicely renovated and comfortable. Only issue was the rattling A/C unit. Restaurnat lougne was completly renovated, corridoors are dated. Cookies available at front desk for anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business