“Exceeded my expectations!”

Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Oakville
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at the hotel as part of a wedding group and found the hotel staff very friendly, efficient, and helpful. The newly renovated rooms were very comfortable (great beds, bedding, pillows) and the buffet breakfast which was included in our group rate was more than sufficient. We had a Jr. King Suite, which faced the atrium, was next to the elevator, and the ice machine and thought the room was very quiet considering its location. We definitely could not hear any noise from adjoining rooms. Even though the hotel was fully booked that weekend, we felt the service we received was very personal and we would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel has a weird design -- many of the rooms overlook the atrium with no windows to the outside world. The curtains don't close all the way so light from the atrium shone into our room all night, and during the evening the noise from children in the pool (also in the atrium) was bothersome. While we were there, there was a conference taking place and on one evening the participants had a wine & cheese party or some such thing in the atrium. Voices echoed so much it sounded like there was a large angry protest or political rally taking place outside our window. The room walls are also paper thin. We heard our neighbours' conversations, clear as day, as though they were in the room with us. We heard the shower and the toilet flushing next door, we heard the hair dryer next door, we heard the neighbour unfolding the squeaky ironing board... The room was clean but the chemical smell of cleaners or potent air "fresheners" made it difficult to breathe -- a problem for asthmatic me. Apparently the hotel was recently renovated, but I think they just changed the fixtures and installed them on the old ugly walls. It's obvious the money went into a superficial facelift. And although the hotel claims to provide free WiFi, it wasn't reliable. (Very frustrating!) On the up side, the bed was comfortable enough, the water pressure in the shower was good, and the little soaps and shampoo are from Bath & Body Works. The breakfast was also okay, but it wasn't included in the price of the room, as we thought it was. The breakfast bill came to over $27 for two of us to eat scrambled eggs, a bagel, juice and coffee. At least parking is included in the price. All in all, this hotel was disappointing. It's the place you stay when you just need a hotel in the area. It isn't a nice place by any stretch of the imagination.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside window, not overlooking the atrium. (Although there is a highway near...
1  Thank TripPartner
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Trip Partner:

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. Our hotel does have a unique design that includes rooms looking over our atrium. Our atrium rooms are favourites for some, but not for everyone. Your suggestion of choosing a room on the other side of the building overlooking our parking lot is ideal for someone looking for a quieter room. We have just replaced all of our exterior windows in our guest rooms making those rooms very quiet. We also have blackout curtains behind our front decorative panels, that can be closed all of the way to ensure complete darkness and privacy in all of our rooms.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. If you are back in the area, please contact me directly and I would love to ensure your next experience is a pleasant one.

Regards,

Julie McDonald

Reviewed September 14, 2011

great service from the staff and really comfy bed! definitely recommend this to my friends! great location to get into the city.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here last Saturday during the Toronto Film Festival and found this hotel to be such a great deal! It was less than a 5 minute walk to the go-train and I was downtown Toronto in about 45 minutes! Plus the hotel had free parking which more than covered my train ticket down there. Way better than paying the insane Toronto prices during the film fest!

Plus, the beds at the hotel were brand new and really comfortable so I highly recommend this hotel as an great option when Toronto is over priced!

The Oakville mall was also really close by making the location even better!

Leslie

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I loved this hotel. The renovations look real good.
The overnight guy at the desk, went the extra mile to make my stay wonderful. This is my hotel of choice in Oakville.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tennispro69
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Front desk staff was very friendly and gave me a quick checkin. The young man printed me directions to get to me to a job interview. He had no problems helping out.
Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank timmyhohos
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I have booked this hotel based on good reviews from tripadvisor. However, there are pros and cons exist. Pros : easy to access to Toronto & Niagara falls, staffs are kind. Cons : The walls are so thin that we could hear every conversation and noise from the neighboring rooms and corridors (even the sound of opening the soda can) Rooms are not so clean even though the hotel has been renovated this March. FYI, my room is located on 2nd floor.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fiestajun
HolidayInnOakville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear fiestajun:

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review about the Holiday Inn Oakville-Centre. I was sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We are planning to replace our air conditioner units this year. The replacement is scheduled to start later this month. The replacement units will have a new look. Your experience with cleanliness is not indicative of the service we provide our guests. I can assure you that your concerns have been forwarded to all departments and have been addressed.

I would like the opportunity to ensure your next stay in Oakville is a great one. Please contact me directly at gm@hioakville.com to arrange your next visit.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Julie McDonald