“All around good evening out”
Review of The Keg

The Keg
Ranked #24 of 484 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Oakville, Canada
“All around good evening out”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great evening out on Friday with a friend who I hadn't seen for ages and she chose to meet at the Keg. It was busy but not uncomfortably so. Excellent waiter who was attentive but not pushy. Appitizer (we shared) was absolutely delicious as were our main courses (steak and salmon). A sumptuous dessert arrived at our table (compliments of Christina - the best and most professional bar tender you could ever wish to meet - and someone I have known for a long time, and had a quick chat with as we arrived). That was such a nice and unexpected gesture and this too was absolutely delicious. I cannot fault the consistency of the service, our food choices, the ambience and the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. In my opinion it definitely was good value when you consider the all round quality. It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening out and I would recommend visiting for a special evening out.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pauline4083

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My friend's steak was over done when she got it and not only did the waitress immediately get her another one. They took it off the bill. The manager came over and apologized and sent us home with a dessert each on the house!

Visited April 2013
Oakville, Canada
“Always good food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Attending one Sunday evening at 5:30, we were a bit surprised as the 30 minute wait for a table. We seated at a table for 4 in the also busy bar, however, and decided to eat there. The friendly waitress cancelled our reservations, gave us menus and promptly brought our drinks. She served the 4 meals with one of the chefs, and they didn't disappoint. My girls all had the New York strip, and each was done to perfection. I had the ribs which, while a mite on the dry side, still fell of the bone in delicious fashion. We all had the double-baked potatoes because they're better than the fries. The modest wine list is average in cost. As usual, it's the consistency that will keep us returning.

Visited February 2013
Milton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The service is good, there is no question. My steak was underdone, I dont like blood in my meat but my husband enjoyed his. The shrimp were grilled just right. Pricey restaurant, my husband said you get what you pay for

Visited December 2012
Toronto (Oakville)
“Consistently pleased”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

One of our regular spots. Consistently above-average steaks. Hard to beat. Some fabulous appetizers as well. Love the French onion soup. Fabulous friendly service. Great outdoor patio as well as bar lounge with fireplace. Only real complaints is the bar area allows children which when trying to relax with drinks it is difficult as often they are literally running around or screaming. Would prefer if family time was limited to the dining portion. Also, parking can be difficult. We prefer to go on weeknights now to avoid some of these negatives.