“Great Lamb Kababs and Swarmas”
Review of chef's door

chef's door
Ranked #134 of 491 Restaurants in Oakville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Have been going to Chef's Door for some time for take out. The Swarma dinners are great, as are the Lamb Kabab dinners. The portions are huge so you get good value for your money. You can call ahead with your order and then go pick it up 10 minutes later. Good quality food. Any complaint woudl be sometimes when you call in your order and you ask for certain things such as the turnips added, you may not always get them, so sometimes it is best to be there when they are making your salad so you can ask for them. In the past few months, the rice has had a different flavour, as if a sauce is missing. I can't put my finger on it, but I only know that it tastes a little different since the second location opened and the one owner (Abdel?) went to the new location. At any rate, the food is still good, and good value for the money.

1  Thank TequilaT0m
There are newer reviews for chef's door

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Chef's Door makes the best falafel I have had in years - not too dry and not too moist, just perfect! And they have lots of different toppings and sauces to choose from to make your falafel crunchy & tasty. Their garlic sauce is great. Friendly service. Always quick & tasty.

1  Thank HighStandardsYYZ
Reviewed December 17, 2010

All I can say about this place is Wow! When we arrived at the strip mall where the Chef's Door is located, I was a bit skeptical, but we have an adventurous spirit. The owners and their son were amazing. We arrived with 10 people in tow for a birthday dinner. They were so accommodating; moving tables together so we could be a group and asking questions about our specific orders to ensure we were satisified. And satisified we were. This restaurant does not serve alcohol and frankly, we rather enjoyed that as we had children with us and were all driving. The food was FANTASTIC and the service was exceptional. The schwarma, falafel, hummus ... well everything really was so very delicious. I don't think anything was left on anyone's plate. We will recommend this restaurant and be back when in the area.

2  Thank RedBayRuth