“The food is great”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food is great”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I thought I’d finally write a review for this place, as I was there a few weeks ago when they happened to be celebrating their 10th anniversary. (A fun affair!) It’s a nice, clean bar in Oakville, and I often end up going there with my boyfriend whenever we are in the area. They’ve had a lot of the same staff for a while, and they usually seem pretty knowledgeable--which isn’t always the case when I go out. Also, I *really* like their fish and chips. This is quickly supplanting my previous favourite there: the salmon. (The salmon is still great, but I really like the fish and chips!) The nachos are also quite good. And ENORMOUS. Even if you’re greedy, you’ll want to share them. Other good things to try are the lobster mac and cheese and their sandwiches and paninis, particularly for lunch. All in all, I’d recommend it, as it’s not a soulless chain pub.

• Visited June 2013
David_TheNiblickPub, Manager at Niblick Pub, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. It's always encouraging to know we making people happy.

David Service,
The Niblick Pub

Oakville, Canada
“Food quality going downhill ; no local beers on tap”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Returned to Niblick with relatives from UK who remembered their excellent nachos from a couple of years ago and were eagerly looking forward to sampling them again. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT ! Very little cheese, a few straggly bits of meat and a pile of tortilla chips. At $16.99 this was a very expensive plate of chips. When waitress asked how our meal was , we told her. She came back from the kitchen with an apology and said that they had someone new doing them. She made no attempt to remedy the situation.
I ordered Mill St Tankhouse ale from the menu and was told that they don't have it . I asked if they had any local Oakville ( e.g. Camerons or Trafalgar ) beers on tap and was told no. They have plenty of your standard Molson & Labatt's , but if you the sort of person who drinks these you tend go to a sports bar.
I understand that ownership has recently changed , maybe this is the reason for the disappointing experience. Next time I will stick to the Queens Head which is consistently good.

• Visited May 2013
Oakville
“Niblick - great food and excellent selection of beers”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I go regularly to the Niblick and I'd say it's my local pub, even if it isn't real close to my home. The service is always good and the pub food menu is top class - chef is very imaginative without getting too cute. Their lunch and dinner specials are always good value, especially their soups

Visited May 2013
Oakville, Canada
“WORST PUB IN OAKVILLE!!! year 2013”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The worst service ever!

Sat for 50 minutes at lunchtime with my two visitors/guests in a room of only three other occupied tables.. the waitress was sullen, finally brought some food to our table when I complained that we would have to leave very soon due to an appointment. She finally brought over the food - soup no longer hot - and dirty cutlery! And all this from an unsmiling, very unpleasant young woman.
This happened on December 29th, 2012 - we arrived at the pub at 11:50am. At 12:40pm I complained that we either had to have lunch immediately or we would have to leave..

The 2nd incident happened in February 2013.. my friend and I were there around 8:45pm, asked about the wines they served, and the waitress answered that we could have red or white! When asked which countries the wines came from, she appeared annoyed and walked off without a word, went and brought four bottles, pushed them on the table and just stood there, unsmiling and sullen also!

I have other friends repeatedly tell me of the extraordinary bad service that they have received there!
None of my friends are willing to go there anymore.

• Visited February 2013
5 Thank Patrician777
“Honest”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nothing really stands out here other than what one expects from a pub. Beer, food, atmosphere. Not bad, not great, just beer, food, atmosphere.

Visited January 2013