“A North Bay landmark”

Ranked #25 of 166 Restaurants in North Bay
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Anyone who has spent any time in North Bay knows of the Moose. I have tried many of their sauces but always come back to the Fat Boy sauce. I have been coming to the Moose occasionally for about 15 years and there was a huge change in their wings about 7-8 years ago - they used to be huge but now they are the same size as everywhere else, not sure what happened there but it was kind of dissapointing. The sauce is excellent just the same and I have never recieved a warm beer in all 15 years, it is always so cold that it is at that stage just before ice crystals form, much appreciated when it is 40 degrees and 100% humidity and I am eating hot wings. It is a little pricy, but I got hooked on the Fat Boy sauce so I pay the premium rates for it. The service is hit and miss as they seem to go through a lot of staff, I usually go in at lunch and there has been a regular server there for quite a while and she is very good but I went in for dinner and there was a lady serving that I had never seen before and I was seated for 10 minutes before she came to my table, but when she got there she was really good to us. The atmosphere is great, big carved tables and heavy wood everywhere with moose and bear heads on the walls. Parking is available around back but you have to get there on a different Street, which is a one way street so if travelling and not familiar with North Bay, consult a map first and save the aggrivation of driving in circles hoping for a parking spot on Main Street. Biggest problem with the Moose is that you have to go down the stairs to go to the washroom, this is fine for me but it closes the doors for those of you with mobility issues. Maybe they have another washroom somewhere for accessability but you must have to ask for it, also a narrow doorway and a step to get in. Recommend Fat Boy if you like bold but not overly hot, homacide if you like insane hot, or if you're a sweet wings kind of person there are several options there too.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Since my visit at the moose's loose I haven't been able to go a day without thinking of the wings. I've had wings at many restaurants but for some reason these chicken wings were flawless, I mean the meat was thick (mature chickens), and cooked to the utmost perfection (not dried out&not under cooked) with the right amount of crisp. Also the sauce combos are an entertaining list. Although my only issue was the wait times between wing orders was excessive partly indue to strict restaurant policies on orders of 5 at a time after the 1st ten. I wanted 40wings and to get them in batches of 5 took well over an hr... for $16.99 all u can eat wings of this caliber. .. id be willing to wait all day.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I'm going to tell it like it is. The wings are a must try but make sure you order a unique sauce for your wings - if you're unsure, ask your waitress they'll be happy to give you their opinion on the sauces. Anything you order with pulled pork is fantastic (can even get it as a topping on nachos), they know how to season pulled pork just right. The beer selection has gotten better lately, I was happy to see some less mainstream offerings. The staff are always eager and willing to please. I've had some excellent dinning experiences at the Moose and that is exactly what will keep me coming back.

1  Thank BigBig-L
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The darker side of this restaurant is my favourite side as the bench seats are so much more comfortable. The service is great and so are the wings. Lots of flavours to choose from. Great selection of Craft beers and lots on tap. I love that they use the proper glass and coaster for the beer you ordered. Great decor.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've gone here many times with family and friends, for supper, lunch or just for a few pints. My kids love it just as much as when I go out with the guys. A must try after the wings are the deep fried pickles!!! Sounds weird but worth a try, you won't be disappointed.
I do have to admit the past few times i've been there the servers have been a little slow to come by...I hope this isn't going to be the new norm....