“Very Good!”

Ranked #24 of 165 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: North Bay Chinese fusion restaurant Chicago Cafe brings you spirited Chinese cuisine with a traditional flair.
North Bay, Canada
“Very Good!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Ate here a few times and it was always very good. From the atmosphere, to the service, to the food...mmm!! We had the dim sum and love it. It's one of our favourite restaurants in North Bay.

• Visited April 2014

Hamilton, Canada
“Incredible Everything!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Chicago Cafe is 100 years old this year, and yet it is still likely the best restaurant in North Bay. We have been there many times - the feasts are an amazing journey for your tastebuds - and we are pleased every time we go. Helen is not only a delightful hostess, but I'd highly encourage you to allow her to suggest menu choices... If you're a fan of Asian Fusion, the Chicago Cafe on Main Street is a wonderful choice for a great night out with family, friends or business associates.

• Visited April 2014
Sturgeon Falls, Canada
“Beautiful birthday experience.”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

The Chicago cafe is an absolutely magic place with an enticing aura of it's own. Just the right amount of dark, history seeping from it's walls, and a quiet atmosphere solitude. Charming secret tucked away in the core of North Bay, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect Birthday dinner.

The server, magnificent soul, treated us with such brilliant kindness that I felt blessed to be in her presence. Smiling, passionate and filled with love. I asked about my options, and she suggested the lotus wrap rice dish (vegetarian friendly!) and described it with such artistic detail that I could already imagine myself enjoying it.

I was blown away when presented a beautiful arrangement steaming in a hot bamboo dish, all of my senses vividly aware. I had never seen this before! A giant lotus leaf, unwrapped by you to expose the brilliant rice dish waiting inside. So many colours, so many smells, so many flavours! Trying something new and not regretting the decision in any way.

Already being thoroughly impressed with this evening, and about to leave after opening a few gifts from my parents, our server walks up to our table presenting me a box. I couldn't believe my eyes as I am gestured that it is indeed, for me, and to open it. The gift I received was beyond any magic I could put into words. So intrigued, fascinated and downright impressed by the genius choice of approach on celebrating a costumer's big day. Absolutely magical.

This place has left me with a wonderful memory rather than blend in with every other seemingly monotonous restaurant experiences.

An absolute treat.

• Visited December 2013
North Bay, Canada
“excellent chinese food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excellent food and hospitality pleasant waitress very sociable excellent menu good selection and lots of vareity

• Visited July 2013
ontario canada
“bbc”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

after a long day in the car, i just needed a quality meal! have eaten asian all over this province, this was one of the best if not the best! hot and sour soup is fantastic as is the duck. im sorry i'm not in NB more often i want to try everything on the menu. fresh, high quality ingredients and Helen is a great host!

• Visited November 2013