“Fantastic Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Had a wonderful time. Food was really awesome. My husband had the spaghetti and meatballs and I had the Grilled Chicken Farfalle.
We arrived early but did not have reservations. I think that they prefer you to make reservations although I did see that they were able to seat all who came without one.
The waitress first brought us bread (w) oil and balsamic vinegar. Also a glass with black and green olives. We did not order appetizers as we wanted to have dessert later. The main course came quickly and it was piping hot. Huge portions!
We really didn't have room for dessert but had it anyway. The cannolis were delicious.
Would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Nikita42
Ashley B, Manager at Farina Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank You for your Amazing Review of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on high quality customer service and a superior standard of food. We look forward to welcoming you back to continue tasting what Farina's has to offer and to enjoy and authentic taste of Italy right here in North Bay.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

very good just like home cooking breakfast. The server was pleasant and the restaurant was comfofrtable.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I just ate at the Farina. Overall, the whole dining experience wasn't what we had expected. A few friends of mine had recommended that we go there due to the great price and great food. We decided to give it a try.
Here is how it went. Upon being met at the door, we were asked if we had a reservation and my answer was no as I was told that one was not needed. Then the waitress/greeter brought us to a small table for 2 which was so close to a table of 6 that we would have felt like we were sitting with them. I asked for a different table and the woman looked at me like I was kidding and I said that I didn't want to be sitting at a small table like McDonalds. She wasn't impressed. She brought us to the floor and gave us an adults table. I know that she wasn't impressed because I had asked for a different table. There was maybe 6 people in the restaurant at the time.
Upon sitting down, we ordered our drinks. No problem there.
Then a different server brought out bread and oil. My wife had a plate. So I took one plate from a stack of 3 that were to the left of me and discovered that all 3 of the plates were very dirty and covered in oil and some kind of vinegar. I informed the original woman who had greeted us at the door and she took them away without a word and then brought me another plate without even much as an apology for the dirty plates. The home made bread with the oil and vinegar was good.
Then came our starter called Arancini, which is basically cheese sticks fried. They were great except for one of them being empty. My wife told this to the server and she said that my wife must have took the cheese out. It would be funny if we were eating at our home but to pay 10.00 for something that is made wrong and for the server to joke about it is kind of a faux pas.
Next came our main meals. They were very good to say the least. The server even told us again that North Bay loves the Farina and that the next time we should make a reservation. Ok, enough about the reservations. I was already told once that we should have made one.
My wife and I usually eat at Churchill's but took a chance on eating here. The Farina is definitely no Churchill's when it comes to exceptional customer service and actually listening to a customer giving an honest criticism. If you advertise cheese fried sticks, then there should be cheese in them. If I say that I don't wish to sit somewhere and the restaurant is mainly empty, then sit me somewhere else without giving me attitude.
I will probably not go there again as the service lacks to say the least. Dirty plates combined with a server who has an attitude with a cheeseless cheese stick makes me rate this place an average or below. I have enjoyed fine dining and paid well for it. What I had this evening was not fine dining. It is an over rated Chruchill's wannabe. If you like fine dining and like to have exceptional customer service, go see Jimmy and his great staff at Churchill's who will bend over backwards to make sure that you enjoy fine dining.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had breakfast here and although the food was good and very reasonably priced, the service was so slow....our waitress was totally overwhelmed (although very nice).
if you're willing to wait, it's pretty decent.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was passing through and stayed at the BW and wanted a convenient meal. This place is great for that and décor. I was seated quickly and though the waitress appeared to be working the place almost by herself was friendly and not rushed. I was not in a hurry and enjoyed a leisurely meal that was excellent. I would definitely recommend this gem of place. If you are staying at the Best Western there is no need to travel anywhere else.