“certainly worth the visit” 5 of 5 bubbles

Farina Ristorante - Inside BEST WESTERN
Ranked #18 of 163 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waubaushene, ON
“certainly worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My fiance and I were in North Bay for a couple of days while she was on business. We were staying at the comfort inn, and were looking for good restaurants in the immediate area for lunches and dinners. The reviews were very good fr this restaurant so we wanted to give it a try.

We went around 5:30 as we have an 8 month old baby and wanted to go before it got busy, just in case he got cranky, to avoid disturbing other guests. There was no need for reservations at that time, but it did get quite busy as we went through our meal. The restaurant was right next door to our hotel at the Best Western. Upon walking in the decor was very nice. It was a smaller restaurant, but had plenty of seating. We were seated out of the way, which is what I prefer when we have the baby with us (I am always very concerned about disturbing others with our baby while they are eating), and brought a highchair.

We started with the an appetizer, which was a risotto ball stuffed with cheese and breaded. They were very good and the marinara sauce that they were served with was very good. It seemed like a house made sauce, it wasn't too salted or sugary like a canned or jarred sauce, it actually tasted like it was made with tomatoes. They also serve you bread with oil/vinegar for dipping.

My fiance had a cheese tortellini, I believe, and I had the chicken parm. Prices were quite reasonable for a real Italian dining experience, and fot the quality of the food. My meal was very good and very filling. My fiance's was filling as well, so much so she she couldn't finish her dish. Even though I was very full from my dinner, I had to try hers and it was delicious.

The only disappointment was that I was too full to try their chocolate pasta dessert. I am often in North Bay, so hopefully I can try it in the future.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ontario_Craig
Ashley B, Manager at Farina Ristorante - Inside BEST WESTERN, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Wow, Thank you for your amazing review of our Little Italy! We do make Everything from scratch, Including the Marinara Sauce!!. Hopefully you can come see us again and try the Chocolate Ravioli.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Barrie, Canada
“Great spot in North Bay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My girl friend took me here about a month ago and it was a great experience. The staff was nice, the drinks were good, and the food was excellent.

I have only been to North Bay a handful of times but this is the best restaurant I have been to there by far!

Make a reservation!

Cheers

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ashley B, Manager at Farina Ristorante - Inside BEST WESTERN, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind Review on Farina's, And hope to see you again!
Carshalton, Surrey
“Reasonable Hotel Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Pleasant décor and ambience. Food quality above average but not particularly special. Service was good.

Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Best Italian Restaurant in the Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Seven of us visited Saturday night for supper. Nice table in the back with good service, almost too friendly. Antipasto plate was very good with a nice assortment of meats, cheeses and olives. Bread was excellent. My calamari was just OK. Ate it all but nothing to write home about. The main plates were very generous and tasty. Would go back if looking for Italian. Desert was good. Wine list while limited was satisfactory and prices were reasonable. FYI there are not that many Italian restaurants to pick from.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Only had the breakfasts, but the eggs were perfect both times. I would have preferred Canadian bacon with the eggs Benny, but the sausages were tasty and everything was hot and cooked perfectly. As well, the service was also very good and quick, thanks to the waitress (even thogh she had several groups both visits!).

Visited May 2013