WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in North Bay
Winnipeg, Canada
“Friendly service in a very clean, comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

The room was a very good size. The bed was comfortable and the linens of a very nice quality. The bathroom was spotlessly clean. Best of all, they had unscented soap! This is a very welcome rarity in hotels. There is also coffee in the room which is a must for me in the mornings. The breakfast buffet is included in the rate and is of good, basic quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was driving through and decided to spend the night here at the HIE. I thought that this particular HIE was above average than the others I've stayed in (I'm looking at you, Northern Alberta!)
Room was spacious, met my needs for the night. The shower was amazing, you normally don't get that kind of pressure in most of these newer hotels.
The staff were very friendly and answered any questions about the area that I had, and were more than happy to give me advice on restaurants for the night.
My only complaint was the price, although I wasn't paying as I was traveling on business, I could see how such a high price could throw off people from staying here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This Hotel is easily accessed and close to everything. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It is always nice to have a nice yummy hot breakfast in the morning and there was lots to eat. We always stay here on our way to Timmins.

Room Tip: They are all non-smoking (which is a plus) and comfortable and quiet. If you don't like the roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tecumseh, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Lets face it. It is a cookie cutter hotel. The Holiday Inn Express brand of hotels are all quite nice. Including this one.
Unfortunately it just takes that one experience to turn you off.
I was calling to book a room for one of my monthly trips through town. The gentleman that answered the direct line was pleasant. When he quoted the room rate for that particular date, I questioned why they had raised their rates so high from what I normally paid.
The answer was "BECAUSE WE CAN". Just not the right thing to say.
Did I mention how nice it is down by the lake at the other hotels.That's where I'll be staying from now on.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Tom T,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unsatisfactory answer of our staff. Kindly be assured that your comments will be looked into and will be discussed with the staff. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We were in North Bay due to a sudden death in the family and this hotel suited our needs very well. We received a warm welcome from Micheal at the front desk who not only worked tonight we checked in but the next morning as well and as we departed he always had a Freindly smile and a warm greeting. He was very kind when weexplained why we were in town. The next morning we had a very hearty breakfast and Debbie I think her name was assisted with apple juice when the machine ran out bringing it right to our table. She even helped track down a news paper from the day before and did it all with a smile like we were the only guests there. The room it self was very spacious, extremely clean and well appointed. Our two night stay was quiet and we had everything we needed during a vey trying time over the holidays.
This is a fantastic hotel with clean well appointed facilities and friendly helpful staff, what more could you ask for....maybe bette circumstances to be visiting...look forward to having those on a return stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Derek J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the comment and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, I was sorry to hear the reason for you visit. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay from the warm welcome to the hot breakfast. I will make sure to share you comments with all of the staff especially the ones you mentioned. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for a week from Oct 15-19 on business. The staff is very helpful and friendly (especially the breakfast lady who is always cheerful). Complimentary hot breakfast is included.

The hotel is just right on Hwy 11 so very convenient.

During the last two nights of my stay, they had problems with their boiler so there was no hot water. The hotel was very apologetic and offered to transfer us to a nearby hotel, or stay for free. I chose the latter as transferring is a hassle. It is a great hotel that truly cares about its customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Derek J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Bay, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for staying during your recent business trip, we are happy to be your choice when you visit North Bay. Thank you as well for your comments about our team, I will be sure to share your kind words with all of the team and especially our breakfast attendent, they really enjoy hearing that they had a impact our their guest's stay.

Thanks as well for you understanding with our boiler issue, I was happy to hear you chose to stay and "rough it" with us. We all look forward to seeing you again, thank you for your business.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed twice at this hotel recently, and both experiences were great. The rooms were clean, the staff was kind, and the breakfast was really good. We found that the location was convenient and easy to find. I will be recommending this hotel to family and friends, and will stay here the next time I'm in North Bay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent stay, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay. We look forward to looking after you again soon