“discusting very discustin”

Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Sudbury, Canada
“discusting very discustin”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

it was the worst experience of our lives we stayed there 1 week and I refuse to shower, the service was terrible. they should condem the motel.very unsanitary, discusting.
you'll be sorry if you stay there.
as far as I'm concern they should pay people for staying there.
pics you see on there web site is not at all what you get.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mistymorning26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Timmins, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at the Bay motel in april of this year. We were in town for my son's band tournament. We decided to stay at the Bay because it was recommended to us by a freind. He told us they had clean n comfortable rooms at a good price. He was absolutely right! The room was spacious enough for the 3 of us, and the beds were comfy and cozy.

The gentlemen in the office was welcoming and freindly. His ofiice was nicely decorated in a budhist style.

The place is located on highway 11 N a few minutes from town so it was nice and quiet and peaceful. I liked how the room had all the extras that we wanted. They had a fridge, microwave and even a coffee maker. They even offered free high speed wi-fi. It was too bad i left my laptop at home. im bringing it for sure the next time. I definitely did not expect all this for under 70 bucks a night.

We usually visit north bay quite a few times a year. Before we used to stay at the comfort inn paying over 100 bucks a night, but i am so glad i took my freind's advice and stayed at the Bay. Wold recommend

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Timmins Ontario
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I checked in the motel as their price was the best in the area ! I really got a value for the price of $49/- for a room ! room was clean and newly upgraded. it had a fridge,microwave, in-room coffee, setallite TV and free wi-fi internet ! I got far more than I expected !

I would for sure, recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Richards60
Rajen D, Owner at Bay Motel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are comitted to provide best quality rooms, best services at the best rates. Assuring the same at your every stay.

Rajen Dholakia
Owner, Bay Motel
St Catharines, Ontario
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Stay there Nov 6-8 this is my 3rd time this time it was bad, the shower was filthy, black, left a know for the maid to clean the shower, which did not happen, only made the bed did not check the bathroom, give clean towels, they shut the heat off we got back from the craft show after 9 pm and the room was freezing. Could not receive incoming calls as they did not answer the phone, morning or night. Has gone down hill each year. Would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank petcreations

Travelers are raving about these North Bay hotels

Ottawa
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Place is terrible! Away from any major stores, coffee shops included. Cigarette burns on blankets, mould around tub, 19 " TV, WOW! Never again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank beersz
No Fixed Address
Reviewed October 8, 2008

Upon arrival, friendly Parth handed over the keys. His office was neat and laden with Buddhist relics.

The rooms were as can be expected for less than $75. Among the highlights--Stained carpet, worn bed spreads, and bathmats that read "Extreme Flirt". The lowlight--a lingering hint of fecal matter in the air (my chihuahua Fidel actually enjoyed this). Yet ironically, the room seemed clean overall and only one of the three smelled unpleasant.

There was a bottle opener permanently fastened to the door jam into the bathroom. This made me laugh, but was convenient nonetheless and got plenty of use. Our group was neighboured by a man in short shorts who smoked outdoors on chilly evenings.

• Liked — Parth--he stole my heart.
  • Disliked — The hum.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank NoPretense
Toronto
Reviewed June 27, 2008

My daughter is going to Nippissing University this fall, so we needed a place to stay for the night as we drove up from Toronto to find her accomodation for the school year.

In planning this trip, I checked out the various websites such as hotels.com, also just searched Google for North Bay hotels. The prices for a place to just sleep the night were $100 plus even for the Comfort Inn, so when I found "The Bay Hotel" ranked high on Trip Advisor, I decided to make the call.

The room for two, with two beds was priced very reasonably at $63. Its exactly what we wanted: safe, simple, comfortable at a reasonable price. "The Bay" is located about a 5-7 minue drive north of the city, but North Bay only having 56,000 people, makes it about 20-25 minutes to anywhere in town, and only 10 minutes or so to the university and shopping on the north end of North Bay.

The room was comfortable, staff friendly. Sure the room could be more modern but for this price I am more than satisfied. The free wireless internet is a bonus. In our room #7, there was no problem getting a signal, in fact I'm writing this from our room right now. I travel quite a bit on business and most hotels charge $10-$15 for internet access so having it free is just an added bonus.

Other amenities:
- tv with sattelite
- microwave
- fridge

And for the person that complained that the toilet paper was too "rough", we brought a roll of the "good stuff", but didn't use it as what the hotel provided is just fine. Also in travelling north out of North Bay just look for the big billboard that says "Bay Hotel ahead 1 minute". Can't miss it.

I'd stay at the Bay again for sure
Doug and Char from Toronto

• Liked — Great value for a clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — All good.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family