See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Somewhere on the stretch of the Trans-Canada heading south toward North Bay there is a sign that advertises rooms for $49.99 at the Bay Motel. Of course I knew that they probably only have ONE such room and the rest are a bit more money but I needed a place to crash, since all of the campgrounds north of here were closed for the season. I pulled in just after dark and gee whiz there was only one room left, for $89.00, what a surprise. But I took it anyways, not being desirous of more time on the highway. The room did not smell fresh, like it had probably been smoked in (and there was an ashtray just outside the door), and it was evidently quite an old motel and a pretty tired room. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything going on in adjoining rooms, not to mention the highway. But the wifi was reliable, the sheets were clean and the hot water was hot, so these are always positive items.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank gunnyappleseed
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

I like it especially the location between the Forest, felt like a movie scene. The staff was good . The rooms are regular rooms and there's maybe one or two are deluxe. The price was high a bit for motel (not in downtown). If you wanna go have some nightlife without any driving, you can call a taxi the staff will take care of you they are helpful.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2016 via mobile

Headline says it all really. Paper thin walls means that you hear everything from the next room. I complained to the manager and he just shrugged it off rather than move me to another room away from the loud weirdos next to me.Low priced rooms means low quality clientelle. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here if sleep is a priority, and talk about traffic noise!

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Darren M
Reviewed October 4, 2015

We heard about this motel from a friend who said it was good value for the money and we found that to be true. We have been told it has been recently renovated, so we look forward to the changes on our next stay. We have booked a room in December for the past few years and have always had friendly, courteous service. The beds are very comfortable and there is a fridge, free Wi-fi, a coffee maker and flat-screen TV.
There are highway restaurants nearby and we usually go to Auntie Jane's too, which is a truck stop with very good food and quick service.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed, you'll get the best rate if you ask for room 10. Even though it's close to the highway, the motel is quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2015

The pricing signs on the highway advertisements do not match the price when you get to the hotel. We ended up having to stay here on a busy weekend, as our normal hotel was fully booked.

Dark rooms that are not quite as clean as I would expect. The price gouge turned me off on this motel forever.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business