“Resort feel, great staff”

Sunset Inn on the Park
Ranked #1 of 7 North Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a girls weekend a while back (10 of us) went to the hotel, we booked 2 rooms, The upstairs rooms are more spacious due to ceiling height. Microwaves, BBQ available for our use, mini fridge. They have a dock and a private beach with lounge chairs. as some of us went shopping the rest of us hung out and were made comfortable by the staff and owners. Bring ice trays. They have ice at the lobby but run out quickly. Great place!! Thanks so muck we will be back, but this time we will book ahead to rent a cottage. :)

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. They have rooms with Jacuzzi if your traveling as a couple. Going as a group...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank oosak

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Beautiful log construction got our attention as we drove by. Extremely friendly and helpful owner.
Two great restaurants next door which provide room service. Best room service ever.
Nice little sand beach. Room was large and clean. Great overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Asman69
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The Sunset Inn is the best place to stay in North Bay !!!! I stayed there with my two sisters recantly, we were visiting our aunt, as she has a small home we needed accomodation. PERFECT CHOICE, the inn is located on the shores of lovely Lake Nipissing. Also on Lakeshore Drive are the"name brand" hotels on the opposite side of the sreet, why stay there when you can walk out your door & before you know it your toes are in the lake. The owners of this delightful inn are so friendly & accomodating. The grounds etc. are kept clean and tidy.We had a fireplace room (would be perfect in the fall) with a queen & a double, good sitting area, micro-wave and a small frig. Bathrooms have been up-dated & are well lit. Yes the decor is a little out of date but will be freshened up soon I was told. Freshly baked muffins & coffee are available in the morning at the office.Tmmy's is a perfect walk if you need your morning fix.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lakehuronsunsets
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Was travelling for work and needed to find a place for the night. I drove along the water front and this little beauty was right on the lake. I had considered the larger "chain" hotels across the road but as this was right on the water I thought I would check it out. The new owner was gracious and patient as I looked at several rooms, finally settling on a beautiful suite with a view of the lake. The bathrooms are all renovated and the units are clean and homey. The free wifi worked on the patio allowing me to enjoy the summer breeze off the lake while I worked on the laptop. The room was spacious and had all the amenities I would need should I stay even longer. I will now stay here anytime I come through! It's clear the owner takes pride in his business and is making sure that the right areas that need updating are being focused on. Stay here if you want a charming, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trey S
Reviewed May 29, 2012

we stayed at the Sunset Inn for our honeymoon and paid for the romantic getaway package... The total price included massages, dinner, champagne, roses, fruit and shrimp platter all delivered to our room. The room was immaculately clean upon our arrival, the staff was phenomenal.... heart shaped jacuzzi, king size bed, flat screen tvs... and the view of the lake was amazing!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

After a long road trip and extensive outdoor work in North Bay, I just wanted to relax. This place met every need. The water pressure was perfect. The King size bed was comfortable and the room was kept warm by the fire place and heating. Not only was there a selection of movies but the room was equipped with a flat screen TV. And after a great nights rest and a highly recommended plate of rack of lamb brought up by room service, there was free gourmet coffee and muffins in the morning. The staff is always friendly even the cleaning staff. It's the only place I'll stay when I to Nbay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank droh79
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Very clean and maintained.
The staff are very kind and personable.
Our room had a heart shaped jacuzzi, a fireplace and a king sized bed. It was clean, tidy and very comfortable.
We will definitely be going back and I would recommend staying here over any of the big chain hotels any day.

Room Tip: Our room had a view of the lake - very pretty!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple