“Excellent food and service!”

The Cedar Tree Lebanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 165 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating at The Cedar Tree on a Friday evening. It was fairly busy, but there was room to sit down and eat. The service was great - when we went to order, we said that we had never eaten there before, and he (I believe it was the owner) went on to explain the dishes and most cost effective options depending on how hungry we were! We ended up ordering the appetizer platter, the "Mezza" and then we each ordered a sandwich deal (Chicken Shawarma for me and the Donair for my cousin), all for about $30. After a short wait, our food was brought to our table and it was great - very fresh and flavourful! Overall, a wonderful experience!! Will definitely be going here again!!

1  Thank klo61

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We decided to give this restaurant a Go. Everyone we talked to said it was fabulous.
On the Negative side:We walked in to a tiny restaurant with less than 2 dozens seat to sit for a meal. The music was too loud and the decor was not what it should have been. You have to go and place your order and wait for it.
On the positive side: We took a small (2) and waited. Then couple next to us told us we had to order at the counter. They said the food was just great and was one of their favorite eat out or take out restaurant. We looked at the menu, which didn't tell me much as all the names were in Lebanese( I think). The owner came to us and said "two new faces, can I help you with the menut: we found this very nice, especially for me as my wife had ordered some take out on day. My wife knew what she wanted,but I didn't know what to take from the menu. He said if you haven't eaten here, let me suggest a certain dish, saying it was a package deal coming with a said and a soda. The service was very fast, and he served us at our table. The food was fantastic. A wrap of some kind, lot's of veggies in it with chicken, wrapped tight in an aluminum paper, fries which I wanted and a soda. I ate everything to the last morsel. When we got the bill it was very cheap, and we were full. I would recommend this place to anyone., but to order take out. Like I said, small sitting table, close together and the decor wasn't much. Music is loud. therefore I'm giving them a 3 dots, all for the food and quick service. Yes we will recommend it but we are now on the take out side of it.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is our top spot in downtown north bay for a quick bite, or take-out, as they have a good selection of Lebanese dishes. We choose a variety platter to share, very good, including hummus and grape leaves etc, or falafels or shwarmas. Easy to miss, it is on the East end of Main St, open till 11.

2  Thank driftwood29
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We tried this restaurant due to the good reviews on this site. It is a small restaurant with very few tables, but does do a lot of take-out. Food is ordered by yourself at the counter then brought to your table and served on china with stainless cutlery. The food was excellent and the owner was very patient with us as we tried to make up our minds about what to order. We tried some new to us dishes and they were delicious. So good that we returned the next day for take-out to take home with us. We found this to be an excellent place to eat great Lebanese food. Everything is make from scratch in house and very fresh.

3  Thank Diane F
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This restaurant deserves its good ratings. The food was quite good, the platters were huge, big enough to share, for around $13. The hummus was homemade and excellent, the chicken sharma was nicely spiced, although I could live without the pickled raddish that makes the "spicy" version spicy. The donair meat was well executed and the pita fresh. The only negative was a salad that included quite a bit of lettuce that should have been thrown out.

1  Thank Sharon Z