WINNER WONDERLAND

Terry's Place
Ranked #14 of 163 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto
“A good place for breakfast or lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Good service, good food, nice owner... what else is there?

North Bay, Canada
“excellent lunch restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

This is a great restaurant to grab a quick lunch. Very good prices, home style food and a friendly atmosphere.

1 Thank loxtbet
North Bay, Canada
“Disappointment Supreme”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I'm so blown away...Terry's Place Restaurant in Ferris...Never again will I go there...I order breakfast with no meat and an english muffin in place of toast. The waitress asks me if I want tomato instead of meat and I say yes. She comes back with "we should be charging you extra for the english muffin, because it costs more than toast, but we'll just charge you the regular price for the b-fast." (I asked for b-fast with no meat, why would it cost more, if I'm not having the meat that they regularly put on it?)...THEN! I wasn't sure if I was still gettng tomato, so I asked NICELY. She told me no, becuase of the higher cost of te english muffin. THEN! She arrives with a tomato slice and tells me, "Here's your tomato..I know it's not red, but..."....It was a not yet ripened tomato slice. I said, "Thank you, that's not a big deal. I appreciate it". THEN! To cap it all off!!! We finish b-fast...Not even 5 minutes after we're done, waitress comes over and says, "Are you done? We need the table for waiting customers." I thought, "I don't get it...We weren't loud, we bought food, we didn't complain, etc...." Soooooo disappointed.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful breakfast! You have to try the eggs Benedict!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We were given the name of this little place by a local and were told to try the eggs Benedict. This just happens to be a favourite of mine, so we couldn't resist!

It took us some time to find this place, as it's in a mini-mall, off the main road, and it really was a tiny place. We got the feeling that the locals didn't want anyone else to know about it. When we opened the door, we found out why. The tiny place was filled to bursting with people! Even so, the line seemed to move quickly. Once we were in the restaurant, we saw why. As people finished their meals, they always had one eye on the door. If someone new came in, they would promptly get up and head to the cash, and the next group would come in. It was like an unwritten rule...no lingering...and no one had a problem with it. It was just polite to eat and then make way for the next group. It was fine with us, too. It wasn't rushed, just polite.

As for the restaurant, it had the feel of a small-town country breakfast restaurant. You go there for the food, not necessarily the atmosphere, although there was something about that, too, that made me smile. Very small town feel.

Service was small-town friendly, too. We felt like we were being served by family.

The eggs Benedict was fantastic! The rest of the family loved their food as well. Great little place for breakfast.

• Visited July 2011