“Joey's” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 164 Restaurants in North Bay
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Joey's Restaurants - Home to Canada's favourite Fish & Chips. Whether you crave hand-cut Wild Alaskan Pollock, Cod, Haddock, Halibut or Salmon prepared in trans-fat free Canola Oil, Joey's Seafood Restaurants has exactly what you are fishing for - outstanding seafood and shellfish including Fish Tacos, Shrimp, Crab, Calamari and much more. Experience Joey's signature Tartar Sauce and freshly prepared seafood sauce and find out what makes our light and crispy batter so famous. Discover our wide variety of soups, salads, wraps, sandwiches, chicken, ribs, ocean fare and desserts. With 58 franchises in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario, check our map to find a location near you. Connect with our text club or e-club for rewards. Sea you soon!
North Bay, Ontario
“Joey's”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Haven't been there in a long time. The food was good there. Family establishment is more the case for this place. Their fish and chips were fantastic though. I remember it well.

“Not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

For the prices on the menu I thought I was going to really like what was being served there, so I ordered a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it wasn't all that good. It wasn't terrible or anything but I paid a lot and wasn't satisfied with my food. The service was good. I wouldn't go there again. Go to Tek's they have really tasty food!

Visited June 2012
JoeysCanada, Corporate Office at Joey's Restaurant, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Hi AnaLucia,

Sorry to hear about your impression of Joey's. All of us are being impacted by higher food prices. For many years we have been able to keep our menu prices lower than anybody out there because of our buying power. Over the past few years, we have been forced to really manage our menu to allow our franchise partners to succeed.

We source the BEST seafood for you. We won't skimp on that.
“Not for us anymore.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

When we moved to North Bay 10 years ago, this became our favorite restaurant in town. We would eat there at least once a week. We had to pick our time as the place was always crowded.
Gradually, the food was not as good as, and it was easier to get in, which to us was a give or take.
One day I ordered chicken and wings order. The chicken came dry, nearly black and the fries were dried out. I tried the chicken, but it was really bad. I tried the fries, they were like large hickory sticks. I asked the waitress to please change my plate, explaining what was wrong with the serving, especially the chicken. She told me she would see what she could do. She came back and said the chicken was cooked that way now. I told her to take my plate back and not to return with anything else. When the bill came, I had been charged for the returned plate. I had to argue with the mgr. about it, until I told her I would not leave the place until I was rebated or she could even call the police. At this point she took my bill, and corrected it. I paid, with absolutely no tip and told her I had been a longtime customer and told her " no wonder there's plenty of parking and no more line ups.". I will never return there.
I have to say that my wife took a salad and everything was fine.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike S
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for your loyalty to Joey's over the years. Times have changed a bit for Joey's, we have revamped our menu and have removed the poorest selling items and added some new flavours. Prices have gone up a bit like all food price increases but the experience is what we want to talk about.

Please email us at info@joeys.ca and tell me more about your experience.
North Bay, Canada
“Seafood ,ribs and chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Seafood dishes have generous portions . Service is friendly and usually fast. Pricing may be a little high.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
South Porcupine, Canada
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Friendly waiters. Very accommodating. Pleasant atmosphere. Delightful decorations.

Visited March 2012