“Stay was great!”

Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Only a "passing through" but stay was great. Arrived late, greeted warmly. Needed snacks (they had some right in the Lobby). Slept well. Beds were great. We pulled a boat, lots of room to park. Great space to walk our pet too. Didn't partake but breakfasat looked simple & quite satisfactory, a good start to the day.

Room Tip: There are 2 floors. Depends on your needs & access.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your business. Hope to see you on your next visit to North Bay.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

So me and my cousin darted up from Toronto to North Bay during the August long-weekend. We stayed two nights (Sat & Sun) I had made the reservations 2-3 weeks prior online. So as the long weekend approached, I decided to go onto the website to once again review my reservation since their confirmation email doesn't inform you of the rate & cost. However, when I entered the confirmation to retrieve the information, the system for whatever reason just decided to cancel it altogether, giving me a cancellation number. Wondering what just happened, I called the hotel directly to see if my reservation was indeed cancelled and they couldn't find it. Needless to say, I was freaking out since most of the other hotels were booked up by that point.

Now with it being a long-weekend and this happening on the Wednesday night before, I was able to get the 2-night room back and book it but now I had lost the advance purchase discount. The staff (Victoria & Leanne) promptly addressed this situation as able to work in the discount that I once had. They fixed the problem that by in no means was the fault of their property. Excellent job ladies.

The hotel itself had a cabin feel to it. The rooms were a tad dated but most importantly, they were clean and the beds were great to sleep in. Since we stayed at a Smoking room and I'm a Non-smoker I can't fairly comment on the stale cigarette smell. That's to be expected in smoking rooms. The continental Breakfast was great including the Waffles. The location isn't that close to the downtown attractions but it is just minutes away from the beaches of Lake Nipissing. (Sunset Beach)

Overall our stay was more than pleasant which was crucial when you're on the road round-trip for over 9 hours. Once again, thanks to the staff for the service and responding to the matter.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank OceanTraveller420
TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor!
Unique circumstances can create a challenge. We will rise to the occasion. Glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. Hope to see you again on your next visit to North Bay.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our room was clean and spacious. The continental breakfast had a lot of options including delicious waffles. The staff was friendly and helpful, not only while checking in, but during breakfast and checkout as well. The hallways and stairwells were also very clean. I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting North bay. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank SevenDeucy

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! We appreciate your feedback. Make your own waffles are very popular item. So glad you enjoyed them.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Pros:
- Convenient location, close to the shore and the lake beach;
- Friendly staff;

Cons:
- Dirty room (dirt and stains in the floor; garbage from previous guests in the floor; smelly sheets and room in general);

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Hello LisbonSettler,
We appreciate your feedback. It is only through comments from our valued guests like yourself that we can achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction. We have recently changed ownership and have been making many improvements all over our hotel. We are addressing all areas on an ongoing basis to better serve you. I assure you that your experience was not up to our potential. We hope you will entertain a second chance.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Booked the room over the phone 3 days before heading to north bay for a shopping trip with my wife. The clerk who I spoke with was very friendly, and the prices were very reasonable. The reason I decided to try the Travelodge was mostly because of the great reviews seen on this site.
The location is easy to find, and ideal for those looking to explore the shopping and restaurants that North bay has to offer. The hotel is also steps away from the Lake which some people might appreciate.
We ended up eating a late supepr at East Side Mario's before we checked in, only to find out that guests do receive 10% off their bill if they have their rooms keys with them. We will keep that in mind next time we are up.
Check in was quick, and again the service was great.
The room was very clean, with comfortable beds, with a large bright bathroom. The rooms also come with a mini-fridge and microwave.
The desk clerk had informed me over the phone that the complimentary breakfast served hot waffles, which was nice, but I sure didn't expect everything that was available that morning. Guests have the choice of various muffins, cereal, toats, bagels, english muffins, hard boiled eggs (served cold, but the microwave in the room quickly fixed that) fresh self made waffles, juices, coffee, yogurt, various fruits...etc Trays are there for the guests to easily bring whatever they want for breakfast back to their rooms.. My wife and I truly enjoyed the wonderful breakfast, which was a great start to our day.
Great stay for our overnight trip, and I can assure you that I will probably be back for our next trip to North bay. Congrats to the staff on a job well done!

Room Tip: Seeing as though it's not a large hotel, the only advice i would give is to maybe try and get a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gaudzrn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our location. I am glad you were pleased with everything. We are so excited about the upcoming changes at our location. I am sure you will enjoy them too! See you on your next trip to North Bay.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Whenever I stay at a hotel in North Bay, I choose this one. It is nice and quiet, and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. My son loves to eat in the lobby, where they have recently added delicious hot waffles to the complimentary buffet. It is a terrific hotel that I will continue to return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather H
TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Hi Heather,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad you enjoy staying with us. We appreciate your feedback. We are making some great changes to the property over the coming months. Looking forward to seeing you again. We invite you to share your feedback on the upcoming improvements.

General Manager.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I wandered in here at 11:00pm after walking away from my internet reservations at the #2 rated hotel in North Bay (should be rated about #22). I told the very personable agent at the Travelodge that I would stay for the night and check the place out. Ended up staying for 2 weeks! Clean, comfortable, quiet and a great Continental Breakfast (waffles and all). And the staff, what can I say - not a lemon in the lot - personable, helpful, courteous, outgoing and just downright friendly. You can't do better! This place is head and shoulders above any of the other 4 hotels I've tried in North Bay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Traveller300
TLLAKE, General Manager at Travelodge North Bay Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Hello Traveller300,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you again for taking the time to share with the Trip Advisor community. Hope to see you on your next visit to North Bay!