“Good”
Review of Super 8 North Bay

Super 8 North Bay
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Reviewed November 6, 2012

the motel was fairly clean, breakfast area was under construction but was okay. Over all it was a good stay

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SHIRLEY M
Gary G, General Manager at Super 8 North Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Shirley,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We strive to provide excellent accommodations and amenities.We apologize for the construction in our breakfast and lobby, We are making the breakfast area bigger to serve our coustomers in a better and bigger way.We look forward to hosting you on your future stays and with better and bigger breakfast.

Yours in Hospitality

Gary Grewal

Reviewed November 6, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martha F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a little late with this review but nevertheless....I say "Surprisingly good" because of the negative reviews I had read but we chose to try it anyway as it was ideally situated for us. Our room was very clean, spacious and the bed was amazingly comfortable. We were there on a Saturday night, so the fact that it was also very quiet despite the hotel being full was a definite plus. The continental breakfast was terrrific! There were even hot belgian waffles! A real treat.
About the only advise I could give the manager there is - spruce up the reception area for heavens sake! It is not a good introduction to the hotel. Chairs were piled in front of the reception desk and doors to storage areas were left open - not very attractive. Its the only thing that spoils this otherwise lovely and well priced hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holafromlin
A TripAdvisor Member
SUDBURY
Reviewed October 31, 2012

All in all, the room was fine. The only problem I encountered during my stay was that the room was not cleaned during my abscence. I did not complain as I am not the type. I mentionned it at check-out but they said I probably had a sign on my door! I did in the morning but removed it when I left. Upon my return, it still wasn't cleaned!! Their excuse was they problably forgot!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The only thing I found that we should have been advised of no elevator. My wife has problem with her legs and found the stairs a bit hard to climb. Other than that we were quite pleased. The mattresses will need changing in the near future .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The front dest staff were great. The room was clean......but
The desk light did not work so I had to move my computer to less convenient position.
The bathroom sink flow was very slow meaning there must be something not draining well.
Trying to get a channel on the TV required unbelievable effort with controls...very outdated.
The breakfast room was still under construction and not a welcoming area.
The coffee was dilute and un appetizing.

Regards. Eric Broughton

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ERIC B
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The agent I spoke to deliberately misrepresented himself as a 'direct Super 8' representative to get my booking. When I offered my Wyndam Rewards # he toke it form me with no opportunity or intention to use it. When he asked for my E-mail address and credit card information I inquired why he would need it when he now had my reward # with all of my personal information available. He then lied to me that this information was no longer available as a 'security measure'. I will never use Trip Advisor again as they have proven themselves to be much less than reputable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business