“Housekeeping”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in North Bay
A TripAdvisor Member
“Housekeeping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

All in all, the room was fine. The only problem I encountered during my stay was that the room was not cleaned during my abscence. I did not complain as I am not the type. I mentionned it at check-out but they said I probably had a sign on my door! I did in the morning but removed it when I left. Upon my return, it still wasn't cleaned!! Their excuse was they problably forgot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
CHELMSFORD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

The only thing I found that we should have been advised of no elevator. My wife has problem with her legs and found the stairs a bit hard to climb. Other than that we were quite pleased. The mattresses will need changing in the near future .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

QUEENSTON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The front dest staff were great. The room was clean......but
The desk light did not work so I had to move my computer to less convenient position.
The bathroom sink flow was very slow meaning there must be something not draining well.
Trying to get a channel on the TV required unbelievable effort with controls...very outdated.
The breakfast room was still under construction and not a welcoming area.
The coffee was dilute and un appetizing.

Regards. Eric Broughton

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank ERIC B
NEWMARKET
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The agent I spoke to deliberately misrepresented himself as a 'direct Super 8' representative to get my booking. When I offered my Wyndam Rewards # he toke it form me with no opportunity or intention to use it. When he asked for my E-mail address and credit card information I inquired why he would need it when he now had my reward # with all of my personal information available. He then lied to me that this information was no longer available as a 'security measure'. I will never use Trip Advisor again as they have proven themselves to be much less than reputable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Markham, ON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Location was good, it was easily accessible from highway and city, but the area was pretty torn out. Overall quality of the hotel was average and staff was helpful but looked tired. The breakfast area was small. Rooms were good sized and corridors were nice. Rooms were clean. We had a sofa bed in our room but it was broken and was very difficult to sleep on.

Room Tip: if you book room 321, you may be facing the Lake and have a lakeview room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
OTTAWA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed on October 6TH AND 7TH, 2012.
The No Smoking Room smelled Smokey, There was no kleenex tissue or extra toilet paper in the room . Also, there was a used coffee filter in the coffee machine in the room. The next morning, I reported the problems to the desk clerk. The kleenex tissue and toilet paper were brought and the coffee machine emptied. . However, the smokey smell still persisted. The clerk said they would try an air purifier but the smell still lingered.
We had stayed there many times before because we had a dog and she was accepted.
Also, we had trouble using our key the second night on other stays.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family