“Pleasant Stay....”

Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Bolton, Canada
“Pleasant Stay....”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Wow they've made this place alot better then when I came here before. first floor is fully renovated I think there still doing renos on the others.

Very good stay good place for the price. Breakfast was great, better then any other place ive stayed at over the years.

I would recommend this place staff, rooms location was perfect for my family getaway.

Room Tip: Get the room in the front of the hotel its like a dome very different.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed twice at this location and was quite satisfied with everything. I used to stay at the Travelodge located across the street from the Ontario Northland station but this time decided to use public transit to get to the Super 8 located on Lakeshore Boulevard since they had MUCH better rates. Room was clean (no scabies), staff was helpful and courteous, breakfast included, all for under a hundred dollars ! The only thing I didn`t like was the hall`s stained carpet but on my second stay they were changing it. Will definately go back next time I`m in North Bay. Nice lake Nipissing across the street.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Penetanguishene
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Four friends travelling on a geocaching expedition. On a budget, so this hotel was reasonable. Room was not fancy, a bit worn out, but clean. If you're looking for fancy, this is not for you. But if you want affordable and clean, I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We were passing through on a one night stay on a motorcycle trip headed west. Didn't have reservations, but had looked it up before departing home. Went to check in and were a bit surprised by a $100 per night rate. Especially so since the place is pretty shabby -- stained carpet in the entryways and stairways, and a generally rundown condition.
However, the front desk gal was very nice and the check-in was speedy. Ditto the overnight woman who we met early the next morning.
They also had a good breakfast which was available by 0600, an important point for us, because we like to get rolling by 0630 to beat the heat.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ndmVt
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2012

WOW where to begin. I booked the hotel through Hotels.com at a discounted rate since the hotels in North Bay seemed to be quite high and we only needed it for one night. It was cheaper then most of the hotels in the city but I figured a Super 8 would be adequate....boy was I wrong.

In fact I will never stay at a Super 8 again. The first issue was the key reader on their side door. Quite frankly it doesn't work and needs to be replaced. When we got to our room we struggled with the door reader as well. Maybe the whole keycard system is the same. We immediately noticed a strong odour in entering the room. It smelled like urine and was strong enough to notice. Having spent 10 mins fighting with the key reader at the entrance and then a few mins with the door we decided not to call and ask for another room.

In the room their was only two pillows on the bed. I dont know how people who run this establishment sleep but most people need more then one pillow. There was also only two towels which were small and very rough. The bathroom had only shampoo and soap but no conditioner. The shower looks like it was re-modified as it was very difficult to get out of without slipping. No grab bars near it to hang onto either. In the morning my gf noticed there was no lotion so she asked me to get some at the front desk. When I asked the girl she said one second and that she would get some. I followed her to a room where she procedes to hand me a handful of shampoo and soap. I said "no I need lotion" She looks one more place and then says no we dont have any. Either you have lotion or you dont!

On checkout I was not asked how my stay was or anything. It almost didnt matter that I even stayed. The breakfast looked inadequate but by this time it would not have mattered we left as quickly as we could.

The staff needs a refresher in customer service and the amenities need to be upgraded. All in all a bad stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roadwearytraveller
Caledon, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We departed from caledon to come to North Bay for a family getaway. We noticed a magnificant castle looking building that drew our attention, Super 8 Motel. We were greeted in very friendly manner and the suits were well priced, with all restaurants close by and the awesome lake infront it was a good pick for a place to stay. I recomend this motel as me and my family had a great continental breakfast it was more then we could ask for...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sameul S
Timmins
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The matresses need to be replaced, (collaped in the middle), chip crumbs from previous guest on one of the two beds, hallways dirty and dingy, side entrance very smelly, one sock beside a bed from a previous guest, an overall very poorly kept location of Super 8. Don't let the outside attract you....the outside looks nice....just don't go in!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family