“Very friendly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Torbay Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Bay
Torbay Cottages
You added Torbay Cottages to your Saves list
toronto
“Very friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My family stayed for a week and it was an awesome experience we will definitely be back! You get the cottage atmosphere but have all the amenities you need right up the road. My dog even loved it he met some great playmates (Baxter) being one.The cottages are very clean and the owners make you feel at home
Thanks Tim & Bridget :D

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank totalydicusted

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

As in one truly huge and completely abandoned club & an abandoned cabin rental place across the street and a used car dealership with not drivable vehicles strewn around the place made the overall feel not particularly memorable. My cabin was facing someone else's not 30 feet away which was a bit weird. Not expensive or overly small but also not what you might want in terms of area. I would be hesitant to stay there again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank footloose888
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I felt boxed in at this place. I had neighbours directly across from me, facing me, not 30 feet away, separated from me by a hedge. Late one night a guy from across the way crossed over to me while drunk and started saying something I could not understand even though he seemed to be speaking English. I just went inside. I wasn't in the mood to have a meaningless conversation with some inebriated stranger I didn't even want to talk to in the first place. I heard a loud door slam one morning and discovered my door unlocked. I always pay close attention to locking my door in an unknown area. The owner of this place was friendly guy-the cottage was a decent size & the rate was not terrible...but the layout of the cottages coupled with the fact there was a defunct cabin place across the road (which seems to be semi occupied) & many old disused vehicles sitting around in front of a used car place next door only heightened the feeling of being in a twilight zone episode. There were two good restaurants not far which was a good thing. I initially thought I was renting a cabin by the waterside. I was not. I would feel hesitant to rent this place again. I'm not much for being openly peered at & then approached late at night. The host provided older blockbuster VHS movies but I couldn't see anyway to actually play them since I didn't want to muck about rewiring equipment I was unfamiliar with. I say it was average reluctantly-because despite its size, the folk staying across from me gave me a vibe I didn't like. There seemed to be a number of guys in one cottage. Maybe four or five of them, to one of me. It was a bit creepy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We've stayed with my French friends at Torbay Cottages for a night. We've been warmly welcomed, our host gave us plenty of advice and it was really great! The cottage was fully equiped, modern and clean! Every ingredient was there for us to have a great stay! And the view on the lake was amazing! It is right near the beach, and some have a direct view on the lake!
I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Very convenient spot. close to shopping and restaurants and bike trails yet right on the lake. Good size cabins, roomy with a country feel yet equipped with a gas fireplace and flat screen TV. The decor could stand a bit of freshening up but everything was clean and appliances new - just had a home-made feel to the kitchen which was not a problem. A much cheaper way of housing a family of 6 while visiting North Bay with the benefit of being on the lake. We visited in the fall but I'm sure the place would be popular in the summer as well as in the winter for ice fishing season. I dealt with Steve, the owner over email and he couldn't be more accommodating, especially with our late arrival.

Room Tip: Cabins closer to the lake would be quieter than near the road and much better view of course.