“A good stay, nice pool and restaurant”

Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 29, 2010

This is a pleasant BW on the lake shore although the lake cannot be seen from the hotel. there are some public parks and beaches just accross the road. This is a modern hotel but no draw up to the room facilities. The rooms are a good size and good standard. The indoor pool is a good size and there is an outside sitting coutrtyard area. The restaurant is of a good atandard and the service good. Wireless internet. There are weekend functions weddings etc but the rooms are on the whole away from this area with little disturbence.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
GSMBWNB, Front Office Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of the Best Western North Bay. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

There are newer reviews for Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed June 26, 2010

My primary purpose in staying in a motel on a long trip is to get some sleep. Well, that didn't happen here. When we walked into the room, we were assaulted with that sickly sweet smell, trying to masquerade the cigarette smoke stench. We sat on the tiny little "double" beds and immediately knew that this would be a long night. The a/c did work but the noise was like being next to a generating plant. The old, old spread looked like it had been there since before the war (pick one!) The place was expensive (compared to other hotels on our trip) and it was by far the worst! (Check out my review on the Sault Ste Marie, Michigan, Best Western.) Do not stay at this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Best Western North Bay. Please know that we appreciate your comments and use all feedback from our guests to help us make improvements. We strive to ensure all guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.
All our bedrooms were renovated in 2004. We are anticipating our next update to take place by April 2011, replacing our beds with pillowtop mattresses and duvets.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

Due to working at the new hospital , i needed a nice place to stay . Currently i have been staying at the Best Western for the past year. Location to work is a little far but great location to grocery stores, mall, show and highway 11.The hotel is very clean ,they have a great restaurant Joso,s, all the amenities you need and superb staff that go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. Also as i do snowmobile,they have a secure lock up for sleds . This hotel also has a large banquet hall ,swimming pool, weight room,sauna and hot tub.I would highly recommend this hotel ,so try them out if you are passing through and need a good nights rest. THANKS DAVE

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
GSMBWNB, Guest Services Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind review! We appreciate you business.

Reviewed February 11, 2010

I am a frequent business traveller. The rooms are slightly lacking in upkeep, but the hotel staff are very friendly and the rooms are well made up every day. This is what keeps bringing me back.

Lots of banquet rooms for meetings, and the food is good in the restaurant. Indoor pool is large; exercise room is small and under equipped.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I want to let you know that we will be replacing the equipment in the fitness room soon. New equipment has been ordered. We are also renovating some of our guest room bathrooms and airconditioners too.

Reviewed January 22, 2010

I have been staying at Best Western every Monday night for the last 18 months, staff have always been very friendly and courteous to me.
The resuarant serves very good food, but could do with a change in menu, been the same for a long tme.
The accomodation is very good and comfortable and over all a very nice hotel with lots of parking.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
GSMBWNB, Guest Services Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Thank you for your kind review!
Yes we do have a large parking lot. Perfect for parking large transports or trucks and trailers.

The Courtyard Cafe has recently changed its menu offering our guests more choices at reasonable prices. Be sure to check it out the next time you stay with us!

Reviewed January 17, 2010

I have been staying there for at least two years. I have found the staff very courteous and helpful, interested in people. For example, just last week a close friend of mine brought me homemade chilli but did not have a microwave. So I asked what the staff could do for me!
The front desk had it warmed up from the kitchen and brought it back to me. I was very impress with that. Especially what I really appreciate is their ability to accommodate me with a big rig or tractor trailer. I need lots of room to separate the trailers for delivery in and around the stores in North Bay. I would recommend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind review!

We appreciate that you have been choosing the Best Western North Bay for the past two years.

The Guest Service Agents love to help out our guest and take pride in doing their job well. I am pleased that they took such good care of you.

We offer rooms with microwaves for a nominal charge that are available upon request.

Reviewed November 27, 2009

We've stayed at this hotel a couple of times now because the events that we were in North Bay for were being held at this hotel. As another reviewer said, the place looks more rundown everytime we go. Our room was old and run down, the furniture had stains on it and the washroom was dirty. We were travelling with a baby so when we arrive we asked for a microwave and a bar fridge to be brought to the room - they advertise having these available on the website - and were told that they didn't have any for us. The solution the offered us for heating bottles was to come down to the reception desk and have someone heat them in the staff room (yeah, cause that works at 3 in the morning when the baby is hungry and your room is as far from the front desk as possible.) We had also requested adjoining rooms as my parents were travelling with us and were going to be watching the baby for us while we attended a wedding. We got adjoining rooms alright - ACROSS the hall from each other. The reason? They couldn't guarantee them. Then why advertise it and offer it as a reservation option? We had made our reservation MONTHS in advance! Next time we'll stay at the Super 8. Its new, the rooms are large, a continental breakfast is included and you can even get a room with a kitchenette for less than a Best Western Room.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
GSMBWNB, Guest Services Manager at Best Western North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2009

Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Best Western North Bay.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

We recently acquired additional microwaves to accommodate guest requests. As a parent I understand how difficult it is traveling with an infant and having to heat bottles. I do hope that you informed the hotel of your concerns about the washroom. I am sorry that we could not honour your request for adjoining rooms. We have a limited number of adjoining room’s onsite and as we often have guests extend their stay with us sometimes despite our best intentions we cannot honour all requests. I am happy to hear that your rooms were close together.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. Please contact me personally and I will ensure your next stay is a happy and satisfied one.

Cindy Rivest-Vainio