WINNER WONDERLAND

BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in North Bay
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottawa, Ontario
“Newly decorated rooms, issue at check in”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

First I will say that we stayed in this hotel two years ago and the remodel that has taken place is great. Our room was lovely and the bed was comfortable. My only issue was with our check in. I had asked when I booked the room for a fridge as I have meds that need to be kept cool. I was told that wasn't a problem as the new rooms had fridges and microwaves. When we checked in I was told no fridges were available and "No-one would have said that to you." The comment made me feel very uncomfortable. The woman at front desk told me they would have to physically check the unbooked rooms for a fridge. Many thanks to the person in the lobby who offered their fridge to me--I don't know what I would have done without your help! Our room was on the second floor and there is no elevator, but as I said the room was very nice. Two people arrived at our room quickly with the fridge, and had it set up in no time. I'm sure that carting a fridge around at 10:30 at night was a pain, but they were very friendly and helpful. It did help to alleviate the sour taste left in my mouth after check in.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor if stairs are a concern--no help with baggage and no elevators.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GSMBWNB, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
I would like to thank you ToeLoop for your review of our hotel. We're pleased that you found our new beds to be comfortable and the room to be lovely and clean, and overall to your needs. We do have fridges and microwaves in all our upgraded rooms, and also have an inventory of these items which can also be delivered to other guestrooms as needed. Please accept my apology for our new front desk agent who had made you feel uncomfortable, we value your comments as this help us with providing positive training of our team. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I booked our room over the Internet which was very convenient.
We stayed one night, which was a Saturday night, where a wedding reception was being held. I was quite concerned due to the anticipation of noise and much to my delight we didn't hear a peep.
I fully enjoyed the new Simmons pillow top mattress. Had the best sleep in a long time!
We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnCrescenzi_1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you Wildemptynester for the great review of your stay. We're happy that you found our new beds to be quite comfortable and the stay to be a pleasant one. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Regardless of the season, there is always something great to do in North Bay.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed in July, room was clean and offered quietness for a good nights sleep. Fixtures were older and a touch outdated but overall was very comfortable. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. This hotel did offer a very good value for the amount we paid for the night. I would recommend this hotel for a good nights sleep away from home.
This hotel also had a pool which we did not have the opportunity to try but it did look inviting and clean.

Room Tip: Good value for your buck!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnCrescenzi_1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Pgrobitaille, thank you for your review and for recognizing the comfort, cleanliness and good value in choosing our hotel, as well as the helpfulness and friendliness of our team members. We hope you will return again and will have the time to enjoy the additional services of our pool and restaurant the next time around. We look forward to welcoming you back.
London, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

the first room we were given had a moldy , musty smell. The manager offered us an air freshener !! We moved to another room with no odour, but the carpets and chair were badly stained. The whole hotel was a bit dusty and needed a good cleaning, pool had some gungy stuff floating in it. The beds and TV's were new and we were told the carpets and chairs will eventually be replaced. Would have moved to another hotel, but we were attending a wedding the the conference centre so it was convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda B
Linda, thank you for your review of our hotel. We're sorry that we didn't exceed your expectations during this visit. While many upgrades have occurred in the hotel over the last year, which have garnered excellent guest feedback, we are excited to get our remaining upgrades completed over the next few months. We hope you would choose to return in the near future to see that your comments were certainly taken seriously and that we have, in fact, implemented the additional upgrades we spoke of. It is always our goal to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay for all our guests, while maintaining the high standards of the Best Western brand.

Travelers are raving about these North Bay hotels

Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed for one night passing through North Bay. It was clean and spacious. The bed was also very comfortable The restaurant in the hotel was highly recommended, so we decided to go and it was very good. The only down falls about this hotel was that there was no fridge in our room and also no breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you Kgamache for your review of our hotel. We're pleased that you found our new beds to be comfortable and , the room to be spacious and clean, and our new restaurant to be quite good. We do have fridges and microwaves in all our upgraded rooms, and also have an inventory of these items which can also be delivered to other guestrooms as needed. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed this past weekend
The good: We were impressed by the room. It was clean and equipped with a microwave and bar fridge. Bed was comfortable. Pool looked nice although we did not use it. Lake is across the road from the hotel and several restaurants are close by.
The Bad: 1) Very Noisy air conditioner
2) We were woken up by a call at 7:45 in the morning (disappointing after a 7 hour drive the day before and a rare morning we could have slept in!!!) from the front desk asking me who I was and why I was in this room! It was the room we were checked into the night before. After answering her ridiculous questions, and unable to fall back to sleep I went to the front desk to inquire as to why we were woken with such questions. She simply said she was "doing her job" as they didn't understand why my husband and I were in that room! As far as I know she would have been doing her job she would have known who she had checked into which rooms!! (she is the same girl who checked us in on Friday night- and gave us the keys to the room). There was no apology and for this reason we will never be back!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kluvs2travel
JohnCrescenzi_1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you Kluvs2travel for your constructive review about your experience at our hotel this past weekend and for the kind words about the cleanliness of your guestroom and comfort of the bed. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noisy Air Conditioner and interruption by the Front Desk the following morning. These experiences are in no way indicative of the service we are striving to provide. Coincidentally, we did complete an installation of new (and very quiet) Air Conditioning units in the hotel just last week, so I am led to believe that your unit was either not installed properly, or has another shortcoming. Unfortunately, from your screen name, I am unable to determine which room you may have occupied so it would be hard for me to investigate further. If you are willing to contact me directly, my e-mail address is john.crescenzi@whg.com. We strive to ensure a care-free stay for our guests and would like to work to win back your loyalty.
Acton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed at this BW hotel last week and wow. I had booked reservations elsewhere but that Big Named hotel was pittiful, ( See my reviews ). Started looking for another hotel within 10 mins of being in it. BW had a better rate and there wasn't even a comparison. BW beat the other
"Newly renovated" hotel in every detail. It was fresher, cleaner, bigger rooms, better & friendlier service. I certainly can't say enough and the staff took care of every need and want. We enjoyed the pool, but if there was anything bad, the hot tub was a little too hot for us. Enjoyed our 2 night stay and i hope you get the same. Will certainly look them up on our next stay. GREAT !

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool which was a bonus
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohnCrescenzi_1, General Manager at BEST WESTERN North Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
George....your honest review of our hotel was very much appreciated. We're pleased to have been "the best of your week" and are happy that you found the price, product and service to be top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back....please bring lots of friends next time and we'll bring the temperature of the hot tub down a couple of degrees!! Keep smiling and enjoy the remainder of this beautiful summer season.