“Tired and dated”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Newmarket, Canada
“Tired and dated”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Not the best Hampton Inn experience. Very noisy air/heating system, furniture worn but staff very nice.Breakfast was O.K. but they only provide becel no butter. If you park at the back you have to climb cement steps to get into the hotel.

Room Tip: get a room on the back side, not overlooking parking lot. If you like butter not becel for breakfast...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear HLC844

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor.com community. We appreciate this platform as a way to communicate honest and real reviews from our very important guests.
I know we have had a chance to talk about your experience and I would again like to offer my apologies. I do sincerely hope we were able to make it up to you.
Please know that this particular desk is not up to our satisfaction and I do thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. By doing so you have helped us determine an area in which communication between our departments was in need of improvement.
If I may be of any further assistance I do welcome you to contact me. It would be our most appreciated if we were able to be provided with another opportunity to redeem ourselves and show you the level of service and comfort we do pride ourselves in.

Carrie Delongchamp-Robinson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This Hampton Inn is quite new - 4 years old. Convenient location near major routes, restaurants and some shopping. Well decorated and attractive area for an enjoyable full complimentary breakfast. Room with a king-size bed was well equipped, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank SteveandWilma
Dear Steve and Wilma F,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write in a review based on your recent stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay.
I am thrilled to hear that you found our hotel convenient in location as well as amenities.
We do hope to see you the next time your travels take you to North Bay.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was traveling alone on my way to the east coast and stayed one night.There was just one front staff and she was very busy with phone answering.It tooks 30 minutes to get to my room. They had only rooms with 2 beds and It was roomy and clean and the restaurants are all in walking distance.The mattress are comfortable and I had a quit night.The breakfast was great.Parking space for a trailer.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Foodlover052,

Thank you for your comments concerning your overnight stay with our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while checking in. We do like to have a minimum of 2 Guest Service Representatives at the front desk at all times. I will follow up to ensure this does continue.
It is great to hear that all other aspects from your stay with us were enjoyable and do hope that the rest of your journey went off perfectly.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you travel through North Bay.

Ontario
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My aunt and I stayed over for one night while visiting some family. The room was spotless--not a speck of dust or dirt anywhere--trust me, I look for it. Many great tv stations available, and lots of room to move around in a two bedroom which was nice as it's been my experience that two bed rooms are cramped. Not here, though.

The breakfast was amazing. I've truly never seen such a big selection, and I travel A LOT. Omelettes, bacon, home fries, waffles, mixed fruit salad, yogurts, cereals, a selection of bananas, apples, and oranges. Muffins, donuts, breads, bagels. There were a couple other things that I can't remember, but the selection was there.

I was, however, disappointed to not see a fridge in our room, so it was several trips to the ice maker to keep drinks cold.

carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear MrsChaos,

Thank you for your great review on our hotel. I'm thrilled we were able to provide you with a clean and spacious room on your recent journey through North Bay.
I am also very thankful for your comments regarding our breakfast. Our Breakfast Attendants will be thrilled to hear the compliments.
We are pleased to announce that recently (January) we were able to provide fridges and microwaves in our Upgraded King Rooms. Your feedback concerning the need for more fridges is certainly appreciated.
Thank you for staying with us while in North Bay. We do look forward to welcoming you back!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A big thanks to the staff and management at this Hampton Inn. A member of our party needed a fridge for medical reasons and this was not provided in the type of room we reserved. One quick call later, a staff member appeared within ten minute towing a fridge on a little trolley. He reassured us that if no room fridge was available, their hotel fridge was at our disposal. With this level of service with a smile, we will be back. Thanks!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Llzsnc,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with fellow tripadvisor members. It is very satisfying knowing that we were able to provide you with the amenities you required to make your stay more comfortable.
Please know that your comments will be shared with our team members.

We look forward to your return!

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

What can I say, I am never disappointed when staying at the Hampton Inn North Bay or the Hampton Inn Sudbury, both properties are exactly what I need when I travel. The location is great, Tyler on the front desk in North Bay was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, nice healthy breakfast, and all the amenities we desire. The staff were friendly and helpful. Parking was plentiful. The air conditioner worked perfectly on a surprisingly hot day - unlike other hotels we've stayed at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business