“Our new favourite!”

Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in North Bay
Englehart, Canada
“Our new favourite!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

From the first minute we were made to feel very welcome, by Tyler, at the front desk. He was smart and polite and made my daughter and I feel important. We enjoyed our room very much, which smelled very clean and was neat and tidy. The always available hot chocolate was a huge hit for my daughter! Breakfast was fresh and varied, with a great fruit salad. Centrally located and our new favourite for North Bay. Booked by phone as it was last minute and were very happy with a reduced rate as we had a medical appointment. Thank you Hampton Inn, we'll be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 206, which was very close to the elevator, but not noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Annen935

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on your recent stay with us. It is so great to hear about the friendly service that Tyler provided to both you and your daughter. It's always exciting to read the reviews where we can specifically acknowledge one of our team members. Please know that this review has been shared with the rest of the team.
I'm also thrilled to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast and the comfort of our guest room. The hot chocolate is always a favorite amongst the younger guests :).
We do appreciate your loyalty with us and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations - the Front Desk was friendly, helpful, and always polite. There is complimentary coffee/tea available 24/7 and a very beautiful lounge area to sip your hot beverage while doing quiet reading, etc.

My room was very lovely, clean, and comfortable - as was the rest of the hotel - the hallways, lobby, elevators...

The location of the hotel is also situated at a very convenient location for me - right beside a number of selection of restaurants and plazas, including Sobey's, No Frills, Zellers, and Shoppers.

Overall, I had a really lovely experience - and really feel that the Hampton Inn offered great value for my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear QWERTY_123_456_12

I love the name! Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review based on your recent stay with The Hampton By Hilton North Bay. It is always nice to know that our hotel and staff are meeting our guests expectations when it comes to service and quality.
Should you find yourself travelling to North Bay in the future we would love the opportunity to once again be your home away from home.

Ottawa,On
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed with my wife who was in North Bay working course for a medical association. We were surprised when we arrived that there was only one vehicle in the parking lot and thought could this be a sign of things to come? Not at all. This was hotel met or exceeded our expectations. The only issue we had was that we were not able to check in to our room until almost 3 o'clock.

We were greeted by the front desk staff with a warm smile and a number of helpful tips for the area. The large bowl of fresh fruit and the pots of coffee in the lobby are certainly a nice touch and we made more use of it than we thought. The common areas are extemely clean, bright and tastefully decorated. There is a small gym and a small pool (Do not expect to swim long laps, great for kids. A hot tub would be a nice feature.) that will meet your basic needs.

The rooms are very large and the bathrooms are well appointed. The rooms are kept very clean and the beds and bedding are of very high quality. The free wifi works well in all areas of the hotels.

The free breakfast was much better than I thought it would be. The waffles, well you will just have to try yourself but you will not be disappointed. Each morning there was a very good selection of fruit, cereal, pastries and yogurt. It would have been so easy to have the same hot items each morning but each morning there was something different (scrambled eggs, omletts, bacon, back bacon, sausage links, sausage patties, beans, potatoes were some of the selections we had during our stay). I will say that the quality of the fruit was by far the best I have come across during my stays at hotels that offer a free breakfast. Also, the staff that work the breakfast area where friendly and were quick to respond to any requests that we had.

There are a number of places to eat within a short walking distance of the hotel and with your room key, you get a 15% at a few of the local eateries. (Staff will let you know which ones)

That staff throughout the whole hotel were friendly, we were greeted with a smile and a hi everytime we passed a staff member.

The only thing missing from this hotel is a lounge/bar to have a relaxing drink at the end of the day. I have stayed at similar hotels in the U.S where they had a managers evening wine happy hour from 5 to 7. I wonder if it has ever been considered to have something similar like this at this hotel, but to feature some of the great micro brewed beers. Just a thought.

I will certainly recommend and stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Duane L
Dear Duane L

I would like to thank you for providing such a great review based on your recent stay with The Hampton By Hilton North Bay.
I'm thrilled that our empty parking lot didn't deter you from staying with us...I'm sure it wasn't empty for long.
Your comments regarding our staff are certainly appreciated and I will be sure to pass them along to our team. It is always gratifying to know that the service they provide is being acknowledged.
I do understand that many hotels put together an evening reception one night during the week. This is something we have thought about previously and will certainly note your comments concerning this type of event.
Duane L, I would like to once again thank you for your descriptive review and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Kirkland Lake, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Staff are wonderful and rooms are just perfect. Very clean, spacious and nice and quiet. Staff are eager to tend to your needs.
The breakfast is pretty good with a variety from bacon and eggs to french toast and a lot of other breakfast items.
When in North Bay, this will be my hotel to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear SpensMiniCoop

I would like to thank you for your generous review on our hotel. It is only through the feedback of our very special guests that we can truly determine how we are doing.
I'm thrilled that we were able to provide you with the type of service we strive for with all of our guests, friendly and comfortable. I'm also glad you enjoyed our full breakfast buffet in the morning.
On your next visit to our hotel please feel free to ask for myself. It's always nice to meet our guests that take the time to write reviews on our hotel.

We look forward to your return!

Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for a night with my family. Great facility and surprisingly adequate breakfast. Beds were comfy though I didn't like the sealed up windows. The option of that great northern air is a must when travelling for most of the year

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Les W,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and found our beds to be comfortable. I would also like to thank you for your feedback concerning our windows. Unfortunately this is not something we have planned to change in the near future but do understand your concerns. The fresh Northern air is something we sometimes find ourselves taking for granted.
Les W, I welcome you to contact me the next time you find yourself coming to North Bay. I would be more than happy to personally set up your reservations for you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inn, North Bay for one night over the Thanksgiving Weekend. Very new, morden clean Hotel. Friendly staff. Complimentary fruits, coffee/tea at front desk area also with complimentary buffet style hot breakfast, never had such a nice "complimentary" breakfast at hotel before.
The rooms are with reasonable size, not small at all. There are lots of food chain around the hotel area within walking distance.
We enjoy our stay very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear AnitaMo,

Thank you for your taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with The Hampton By Hilton North Bay.
Reviews such as this provide our potential guests with much insight as to what they should expect when they stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best in customer service and cleanliness.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels take you to North Bay.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

North Bay is a great northern Ontario city and the Hampton Inn provides a great landing spot for visitors, whether needed for business or pleasure. The beds are very comfortable. Our room was spotless. The hotel itself looks quite new, is well maintained and in a good area. Front desk staff are efficient and very friendly. The breakfast is a significant notch above many hotel offerings - good selections, hot and well presented, plenty of fresh fruit and breakfast-to-go for rushed travellers. We have family who just moved to NB and we'll definitely make the Hampton our hotel-of-choice when visiting the area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kersaraam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Hampton By Hilton North Bay with fellow Tripadvisor members.
Thank you for your kind comments concerning the comfortable bed, cleanliness and breakfast choices. It's always a pleasure to be able to share reviews such as yours with the rest of our team.
We do look forward to welcoming you back to North Bay and to our hotel.