WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay

Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in North Bay
Ottawa, Canada
“Clean, professional service, great perks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family stayed here on a recent trip to visit relatives in North Bay. The hotel staff all provided excellent service. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of options for everyone. My 8 year-old daughter enjoyed the pool. The hotel provides discounts at two neighbouring restaurants - we took advantage of this at both spots and the restaurant staff were very aware of the agreement with the hotel and accommodated the discount without any problem. The hotel also provides 24-hour coffee, tea and hot chocolate service near the front desk. And best of all, it is a 100% smoke-free establishment, which is great news for families.

Room Tip: Book online in advance in order to get the best rates available. CAA/AAA discounts also provided at...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear FamilleQuiVoyage3

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the Tripadvisor.com community. It's so rewarding to hear positive stories about our hotel and the service we provide. I thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us.
I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to try out both restaurants that offer discounts to our guests. Please know that I will certainly inform the management team at these establishments of your great customer service and hassle free service with regards to the discount.

If you are ever in the North Bay area again we would love to be your hotel of choice.

Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had decided to pick the Hampton Inn by Hilton in North Bay to celebrate an upcoming special anniversary of my husband and I; the hotel had "caught my eye" because of the way they advertised their jacuzzi suites. I was indeed pleasantly surprised when I saw how nicely it was set up and I also enjoyed the décor of the room (which I am fairly certain is the décor of the other rooms).

The hotel staff were nice and professional. We were considering going out to the nearby Tim Hortons, but were (again) plesantly surprised to notice the different coffees and flavourings on a station opposite the guest service desk. We also enjoyed using the treadmills with the little televisions on top before going to bed. The breakfast in the morning was also very good with quite a few choices. I am definitely considering going to a Hampton Inn on our next upcoming trip.

Oh yes, my husband also found the king-sized bed really comfortable (I did also, but I guess I usually find all hotel beds comfortable). I should also note that the location of the hotel is also very conenient as one is right in between Shopper's Drug Mart and Canadian Tire and very close (within walking distance) to many restaurants and even a mall with a grocery store (not to mention that there is also another grocery store within that close walking distance).

If you happen to be in North Bay on a Sunday, I strongly suggest you eat at East Side Mario's as, if you choose from a certain (fairly varied with even vegetarian options) menu, you get a free ticket to Galaxy Cinemas which is just opposite the restaurant and where you can also shop (it is either part of a stripmall or a mall).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Brichana

Wow! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay and are willing to share it with the Tripadvisor community.
Thank you so much for the kind comments on our room design, staff and location. It is very much appreciated and will be shared with the rest of our team.
We are conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, grocery stores and other much needed establishments. We do have a few deals with area restaurants that provide you with a discount when showing your guestroom key. I do hope you were able to take advantage of these promotions.
Brichana, next time you find yourself in North Bay I welcome you to ask for me at the front desk. It's always so rewarding to meet our guests who share their experience with tripadvisor.com in person. We truly do appreciate your review and look forward to providing a welcoming experience to all of our guests.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Typical good quality Hampton Inn, except that it's very new so there were a few extra features -- e.g. ice and vending machine were in a closed room by the elevator so no noise bothered nearby rooms. Bathroom had a full (approx 5 ft) vanity. Fridge.

Breakfast bar was standard Hampton, which is a compliment. Staff were nice and eager to help.

Location is nothing special unless you want to go shopping for odds and ends at nearby drug stores, fast foods, liquor store, etc. It is convenient for a quick in and out of town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear kjff,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay. We are very appreciative that you have shared your experience with the rest of the Tripadvisor community.
Our location is great for those last minute needs with many restaurants, shopping and other amenities located within walking distance.

We do hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to North Bay.

Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is a new hotel on the outskirts of North Bay. We were travelling by Motorcycle on our way to Ottawa and this was a great option for a one night overnight stay. Hotel was clean, comfortable and service was good. There was a pizza restaurant in walking distance which was also good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hondacb750,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the Tripadvisor community. It's only through the feedback that our very special guests provide that truly let us know how we are doing.
I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel while visiting family in North Bay. It exceeded our expectations. Bear in mind that it is a chain and is likely rated about 3 and a half to 4 stars, not 5 stars but it is excellent. The hotel is almost brand new, is spotlessly clean. Rooms are quite large, bathroom has nice toiletries. Free wifi. Check in was very quick and the employee was polite and friendly. They have complimentary coffee in the lobby. We did not check out the fitness facilities or the pool. A complimentary buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room and was very good. Surprisingly excellent coffee (I had the dark roast), scrambled & hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, oatmeal, pancakes, toast, muffins, yogurt, fruit, bacon, sausages. The only little minor problem for us was finding the hotel. It is 'hidden' behind a mall with a Sobey's and an LCBO. We do not know North Bay well at all and had forgotten to mapquest the hotel before leaving home, so we wasted 10 minutes driving around trying to find it. All in all, this hotel seems to go that extra mile to please its customers. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear Weswee,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with The Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay with everyone on Tripadvisor.com.
It is always nice to hear that we are exceeding our guests expectations, it is what we strive for.
Next time you are in North Bay I welcome you to contact me at the front desk. It is always nice putting a face to our valued guests who take the time to comment on their stay.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Stayed here for business in April 2012. The room was large, comfortable and spotless. The staff was very professional and friendly, accommodating me immediately when my flight out was threatened to be cancelled, and that despite the hotel being completely booked. The breakfast buffet was large with sufficient choice. However, the eggs and home fries were rather flavourless. A small complaint after a much better than expected (for a business-type hotel) stay. Recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank capricorn18
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear capricorn18

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the Hampton Inn By Hilton North Bay with the tripadvisor community.
I'm so glad we were able to accommodate you during the recent flight cancellations. We understand no one wants to be stranded in a city they are unfamiliar with, especially at a time that is rather hard to find accommodations elsewhere. Lucky for us this also caused cancellations for our hotel and everything worked out nicely.
I would also like to thank you for the generous comments concerning our team and the cleanliness of our hotel. Please know that these comments will be shared with everybody here.
Next time you find yourself in North Bay please feel free to stop by and ask for me. It would be a pleasure to meet you in person.

Buckhorn, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I am writing this from another hotel in another city wishing I was back in North Bay (no one wishes to be back in North Bay). Rooms were clean, staff was friendly. The gym was small but had a good selection of equipment and each machine had its own TV built in.
Breakfast was hot and had a lot of variety - though on Western Omlette day I was sad to not have a pork-free egg option. Other than that I can't really complain as there were many other choices. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as I never had to worry about how clean the place was. The bathrooms in the rooms were also quite nice and the hair dryers for a hotel were even decent. Rooms were very large as well (even the standard rooms).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
carrie_delongchamp, General Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton North Bay, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Jvive

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel with the rest of the Tripadvisor community. It is so great to hear that we exceeded your expectations, this is something we strive for with all of our guests.
In the future if there is something on the breakfast menu that you are unable to enjoy please feel free to ask one of our breakfast hostesses if there are other options (ie. eggs). If we have some hidden in the back we would be more than happy to get them for you.
Please know that I will be sharing your review with our housekeeping team, this encourages them to do what they do best on a daily basis.
Next time you are in North Bay and at the Hampton Inn please feel free to ask for me, it would be a pleasure to meet you in person.