“Quality food where the locals go”
Review of The Pie Plate

The Pie Plate
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved the Pear & Brie Sandwich on multi-grain. You can't go wrong w/the cherry tart & lemon cranberry scones too. The portions are perfect. Not too big or not too small. The food is very fresh & full of flavor. My husband also fell in love with the Pie Place. The steak melt has a special gravy sauce. The carrot cake was soft & rich. The restaurant is very original down to the pie plates they serve your meal on. I loved the food so much we came back twice even though we are staying in Niagara Falls. It's only a 20min drive. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who to eat where the locals eat. The staff is very helpful & kind as well.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Charming place that felt like we were at a friend's house. My wife and I enjoyed the fresh ingredients and wonderful atmosphere. You may want to get there early, as locals are constantly stopping by to pick up pastries and having a bite to eat. We went on a Tuesday afternoon and their meat pies were sold out! If it's still in season, you have got to try their pear and brie sandwich or their steak melt. Their pastries and cakes are made fresh and I think their carrot cake was the best that I've ever had! Their food was so good that we ate there (20 minute trip from our hotel, by the way) twice on our 5 day visit to Niagara Falls.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stumbled on this place by luck after a day of golf and wine tasting. It's very small, so it's easy to miss if you're not driving slowly and paying attention to what's along the road.

They were closing when we arrived, but we were able to grab some take-out treats to try. Had a purple grape pie and some kind of brownie... both were good. The pie was surprising -- much like blueberry or elderberry. I had expected tough, thick skins but didn't notice any.

Will try to stop there again next time I'm in the region. I'm curious to try their "blue cheeze & pear pizza".

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here during an afternoon on the wine route and were glad we did! Awesome baked goods - pies, tarts, cookies etc. The cherry tart was amazing as was the brownies. Would definitely go back for pie if we had a place to store it when visiting the area.

We also did lunch - the turkey avocado sandwich was great - especially with the brie I added. The lime vinegarette complimented it nicely. My husband had the Brie and Ham sandwich - which he enjoyed but found a bit plain - as that was all it consisted of.

Prices were great - much less then it would be at the places right downtown where all the shops are, yet much better quality.

Service was friendly - but limited parking. Definitely worth stopping in when in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The overall quality here is excellent. All home baked pie, cakes, bread, just delicious. Great sandwiches and quiche too. It's a quaint place owned by a local family, they deserve the accolades they receive. The butter tarts are to die for!