“Visited the winery only”

Peller Estates Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peller Estates Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the heart of Peller Estates Winery, this fine dining experience offers inventive regional cuisine paired with Peller Estates award winning wines. Executive Chef Jason Parsons works with our winemaking team to showcase wines in his seasonally evolving menu. The restaurant was recently awarded the highest possible rating for food, 'Extraordinary', by Zagat readers. Please see our website for a fantastic array of signature culinary events that will be held at the Winery.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Didn't get to try the restaurant this visit. We went to a tasting with our friends who are members. No charge and one can taste as many wines as one wants. The person who served us was very knowledgable and answered all our questions and also brought up many interesting points and suggestions for wines we might like to try and for pairings of the wines with food. She was spot on with all her suggestions. Our hosts purchased several bottles and have quite a few of the wines from Peller in their cellar at home. Since we are from the US we only purchased 4 bottles. I highly recommend this winery as a good place to taste/shop.

1  Thank trailrunnerOpelikaAL
There are newer reviews for Peller Estates Winery Restaurant

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Was cruising the countryside of Lake Niagara trying not to look so touristy. I read somewhere that the wineries were nice in the area. Now we're from California and have our share of wineries and all relatively close by. Who would have thought I'd travel 2,400 miles for a conference having never visited a winery in our entire lives then find ourselves at Peller... And by accident at that... My GPS kept turning off and when I pulled over to let to it find a satellite there was Peller Winery. I quickly looked up in Internet when signal came back on and found out Peller has a special wine called Ice Wine. So we said what the hey let's check it out. Now, one thing I noticed about this part of Canada is there aren't too many Hispanics around. Face it in Southern California there are thousands of Hispanics working as gardeners, construction, road works, food services etc. Nothing racist intended just the facts, besides hey I'm Hispanic though third generation native Californian. Anyways, when I walked into Peller I would not have been surprised if the hired help would have told me check with management for work. Being the first time in any winery we walked around acting like we knew what we were doing. Saw plenty of noses in glasses and swirling of wine and plenty of pretty people. It was nice. So back to to Ice wine. We finally had nerve to ask a host if we could taste some of this wine. She said it costs $7 for three shots or glasses rather and the money paid would be credited towards a purchase. Not a bad deal. We were quite impressed by the taste of this wine especially since we don't normally drink wine. So we bought two bottles and left happy at our first visit to a winery! So even as I'm sure the hired help could see we were amateurs they still treated us very nice. I would highly recommend this winery whether your a professional wine connisuer or first timers like us. Next time we pass here will definitely stop and try the seven course meal. And who knows they might even offer me a job!!! LOL just kidding

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had dinner on a fairly quiet evening. We each had the five course tasting menu which was interesting. Each course was a surprise but very interesting. The waiters were excellent in explaining each item and were very attentive. The main menu, however, seemed somewhat limited. The price seemed steep but not uncommon for good winery restaurants. An excellent evening and meal with very leisurely service. No issue recommending this restaurant.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I know nothing about wine; so the winery day pass (includes 3 wineries and one wine emporium) seemed like a perfect way to get initiated. The winery pass never expires. So because I only had time to visit 2 wineries, I can go back any time and finish the tour.

The estate is stunningly beautiful: clean and crisp and undisturbed, everything in pristine condition.

The Peller wine tour begins with about 10 minutes of company history, 10 minutes in the vineyard, 10 minutes in the wine cellar, and 30 minutes on the wine tasting. Our tour guide Jane was excellent, telling our group of 13 people about the family history, the making of premium wines (especially ice wine, which is a very complicated process), and many technical aspects.

Of course the best part of the tour was the tasting. We sampled a Chardonnay, a Cabernet Sauvignon, and a red ice wine (Cabernet Franc). The wines sold at the winery are not the mass-produced labels at the local liquor store; these are the competition premium wines. Jane walked us through all the steps of a proper structured tasting. This is especially important when sampling the ultra-sweet ice wine.

The tour ends in the retail store where you can sample wines at $7/taste (fully refundable if you buy a bottle of whatever you sampled). I bought a nice Merlot and a cheaper version of ice wine ($22/bottle versis $90/bottle for the stuff we tasted on the tour).

I arrived too late for lunch and too early for dinner, but certainly I will add that to my itinerary next time I am in the region.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Nice server. Beautiful building. Easy to find. Excellent wine.
Informative. Busy with other tasters.