“Great afternoon”

Peller Estates Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peller Estates Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the heart of Peller Estates Winery, this fine dining experience offers inventive regional cuisine paired with Peller Estates award winning wines. Executive Chef Jason Parsons works with our winemaking team to showcase wines in his seasonally evolving menu. The restaurant was recently awarded the highest possible rating for food, 'Extraordinary', by Zagat readers. Please see our website for a fantastic array of signature culinary events that will be held at the Winery.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A month ago my husband book a lunch reservation for yesterday August 5 . We arrived early, checked into the restaurant and said we were going to the wine tasting room. They told us there was no room on the patio & that we would have to wait. They mentioned that you can only request the patio and that it was first come first serve .
Eventually Doreen from the wine tasting boutique intervened and suddenly we had a table on the patio. She was amazing .
Our lunch was delightful. Service impeccable . I had the lamb, it was tender and flavourful. My husband had the pork and said the same . Our friends had the trout , and said, it was fabulous. All entrees were $24.00. All waiting staff were graduates or students of Niagara Culinary School.
We had a lovely afternoon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Based on the reviews I had high expectations. However our dinner for two with three courses definitely had some misses. Between us we ordered the Arctic char, mint and pea soup, lobster cannelloni, blow torched beef, and scallops. The cured Arctic char was a combination of too many flavours. The delicate char was lost among them. The mint and pea soup (cold) had small hard bits in the purée. I assume that was not the desired effect. The three large scallops were accompanied by an over salted saffron cream sauce.

The two good dishes were the lobster cannelloni and the beef. We did not stay for dessert as we did not want to risk further damage to our wallets with less than stellar food. Our total for our three course meal with just one glass of red, was around $150 before tax and tip.

The restaurant is a lovely place with a nice view. But sadly would not recommend this to friends.

1  Thank liumobro
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I always use TA so I like to give back when it has directed me to a certain Restaurant or Hotel.

We booked Peller Estates for an Anniversary dinner and incorporated a wine tour and private tasting. I do have to say that the private tour and tasting were great. However, the dinner did not live up to expectations.
The whole table opted for the tasting menu. I was put off when I asked what was on the menu and the waiter refused to tell me. Therefore, I insisted he tell me the main dish and he would make an alternative arrangement for me if I did not like it. Since it was lamb I said I would have anything but. He offered a filet instead which made me happy. What I didnt like about it was that he made a big deal that I was not going along with the group. I found overall he was rude and unaccommodating. I felt at the price we were paying for this dinner, it was not his decision as to what I ate. Then once someone at the table saw that I was having a different wine he asked why and I told him I was getting steak as a main. He then responded that he wanted it too. Another waiter overheard him and was MORE than accommodating actually coming up and saying, "Sir, we can change that for you no problem." When our waiter heard of the switch he made another negative comment that I was talking too much.
So overall, I would not visit again for dinner. The winery is beautiful but I would not go back to pay that amount when I was made to feel the way I did. However, I do feel it was overshadowed by the specific waiter our table received.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Worth the stop. Great story, facility and wine. Very descriptive explanation generious portions of wine and cheese in the pairing sessions.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I wonder what all the fuss is with people complaining about the size of the dessert or the price. This is a very classy place. They have their menu with pricing posted on their website. Do your research. I go there once or twice a year on our anniversary or for a special occasion and after 3 visits I have to say I am pleased the service and the quality of the food have remained excellent. This time I tried the "Blowtorch" beef. It was cooked to perfection and the suggested wine pairing was great. My wife had the arctic char to start with and the chervil liquorice poached wild salmon. She loved her food as well. We finished with the "Pastry Gourmand" dessert - it was excellent. We do look forward to our next visit!