“Absolutely delightful!”

Peller Estates Winery Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Peller Estates Winery Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Located in the heart of Peller Estates Winery, this fine dining experience offers inventive regional cuisine paired with Peller Estates award winning wines. Executive Chef Jason Parsons works with our winemaking team to showcase wines in his seasonally evolving menu. The restaurant was recently awarded the highest possible rating for food, 'Extraordinary', by Zagat readers. Please see our website for a fantastic array of signature culinary events that will be held at the Winery.
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This restaurant was magnificent! The actual place is beautiful and romantic and the food...What can I say...One of the best meals I had in years. Their Signature Lobster Linguini was the best dish I have ever tasted. The service was perfect. Expensive, yes, but worth every penny!

2  Thank SAB08
hmcewen, Communications Specialist at Peller Estates Winery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear SAB08,
Thanks so much for your positive comments! We look forward to welcoming you to Peller Estates Winery Restaurant again soon.
Heather

Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Absolutely lives up to it's reputation. We left our lunch choices up to the chef, and what a meal we had! From the first sight of the excellent presentation to the last bite of the marvelous creations, everything was prepared with obvious ingenuity and care. Service was top-notch, as well. We had wine pairings, but wanted to be sure to have the ice cuvee - so the server just added that to the pairing, gratis. She was very knowledgeable about all the wines, making our post-lunch shopping much easier. She really made us feel special. Wonderful food, excellent wine, and unsurpassed service - a perfect experience.

2  Thank WJesseW

Dear WJesseW,
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your lunch and hope you come back soon as Chef's Tasting Menu is always changing.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We started with the Twilight Tour, which was approximately 45 minutes long. It was informative, entertaining and delicious! We loved that we got $5 off for each tour ticket at the wine store. We bought the 2010 Rose and the 2009 Gamay Noir.

We then celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and my 10th anniversary of living in and loving Canada. We were debating doing the 5 course meal since these things are often too much food for us. We were glad we ordered from the a la carte menu instead.

The selection of bread was absolutely delicious. We were surprised to be treated with the oyster amuse bouche (which was very good). We had ordered the Niagara Tomato Showcase to share, which was readily accommodated. My favourite was the tomato tart and my husband loved the roasted tomatoes.

We were also surprised with the Rose and clove "frost" (I think it was a granite), which again, was unexpected and a very nice touch.

My husband had ordered the Beef Strip Loin with the Peller interpretation of poutine. I had a bit of both and they were so good. My own dish was very, very good as well: Lake Erie Pickerel (substituted for the White Bass which was not a problem for me) with a seafood paella. I would like to say that I was a bit apprehensive about the mussels after tolerating a number of butchered seafood dishes at multiple restaurants. This seafood paella restored my faith. It was very well done and I ate every bit of it. The suggested wine pairing of the 2010 Rose was great.

We then got another surprise: a pre-dessert dessert =0) It was a honeyed cream with roasted pears and a teeny tiny portion of pound cake.

I really wanted to try the opera cake but we definitely needed to share a dessert since we were running out of room! My husband talked me into the Warm Souvereign Grape Souffle (we were warned that it would take some time to make) with a warm white chocolate sauce. It was amazing. We both loved it.

We were seated at 7:30 and left at 9:30. I felt it was a bit slow moving at times, but in retrospect, we decided that it was nice to be able to linger and not feel rushed.

The ambience was lovely as well. It was beautifully and elegantly appointed and the Christmas lights (as I call them) on the shrubbery outside along with the dimmed lighting inside really made for a nice feel for our dinner.

The waitstaff made us feel very comfortable and our server was very helpful and informative without being intrusive.

We paid $135 with an additional $18 for the tip. This included all the food I mentioned above, one glass of the 2010 Rose as well as a bottle of sparkling mineral water (brand name: Gaia).

We would absolutely return in a heartbeat. It was a wonderful "occasion" meal and in our opinion, a terrific value.

2  Thank papinem

Dear papinem,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We're so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Had a beautiful dinner on the patio with family. Service was excellent. One member of our party had the 5-course Chef's menu while the rest of us ordered a la carte. We were all extremely impressed with the taste and appearance of our dishes. Some of the highlights included Fois Gras, Seasonal Tomato Sampler, Lamb and Partridge. The desserts were decadent and delicious. Naturally the wines were exceptional as well. It was definitely an expensive meal (thanks Dad!) but worth the price.

3  Thank hipfanatic

Dear hipfanatic,
Thank you for your detailed and positive comments! We hope to see you back at the restaurant soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Went to celebrate my birthday at Peller Estates. Before we went, we spoke with manager regarding food allergies. Told they could accomodate me. We chose the tasting menu with wine pairings. I have dealy allergy to nuts and sensitivity to red wine. The bread arrived and it was pecan bread. Had to ask for more bread that was not nut based. They were completely unaware of cross contamination so I had to ask for more butter. After a delicios soup, the waiter brought a red wine ice to cleanse the palate. I once again explained my allerfies. The ice was taken away and no substitute was offerred.

The main had red wine drizzle all over. I asked and was told it proabably was OK. When I insisted , the server found that it was covered in red wine. Another dish was brough out but with sauce it was very boring and bland. No effort to make something without red wine. The dessert had almonds despite asking two swrvers to make sure it did not contain nuts.

When i went to the manager after we paid for the meal which was over 250.00$. Her atitude was that she was disappointed in her server. I asked what we could have done to avoid all of these problems she said speak to her first. I said We did. She just shrugged.

An extrmely expensive meal was ruined by lack of attention to allergies. My allergies have been axxomodated to all over the world. But at Peller estates, they would have muster some energy to care less. Do not go there if you food allergies...you are taking your life in your hands. Peller estates does not care.

Stef M, Manager at Peller Estates Winery Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear DGM2703,

I would like to thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor and would like you to know that we take your comments very seriously. We like to pride ourselves with exceptional high service and food and when we receive a bad comment we very much take it to heart. Obviously we did not meet our standards set on your visit.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience and would love to have the opportunity to make this right. Please feel free to contact me if you wish at 905.468.6515.

Best regards, Stefanie McLeod- Restaurant Manager