“SO NICE - THE FOOD IS TO DIE FOR!”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Great place, worth the hype. Better then Canoe Rest.

Food is amzing, service great and traffic atmspoher.

1  Thank Wowtravels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed April 20, 2009

My husband and I went to NOTL to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Through the Harbour House Hotel we were given a free dinner at the Charles Inn as part of our package. We chose to eat at the Charles Inn our last night in NOTL and it could not have been better. The appetizers were fantastic and we both chose beef as our main course and it was wonderful. The dessert, coffee and wine were also delicious. We loved it here and it was the perfect ending to a perfect trip.

2  Thank jamhog
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We dined here on a Saturday evening in March. We were seated at a table for two by the fireplace. The dining room is glorious with ceilings that go on forever, beautiful antique chandaliers and perfect ambiance. The pictures on the website cannot do it justice. We had an early seating, so we were able to have a leisurely dinner and watch as the dining room filled up over the course of the evening. Everyone was smiling and the elegant atmosphere just added to the overall excellent experience. But what about the food? I can honestly say that the both of us agreed it was the best meal we'd ever eaten. Starting with the scallops and bacon, we found them to be melt-in-your-mouth delicious and the pork belly was unbelievable. Then onto a salmon wellington and tenderloin of beef for the entrees. Stunning presentation and delectable taste, we couldn't ask for more. But then there was more.....the apple cheescake. Only one word to describe it - heaven. Our service was flawless and pleasant, with full descriptions of our dishes. They didn't hover, nor did they forget about us - a perfect balance. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Next time I might even be bold enough to try the tasting menu with the saddle of rabbit along with the wine pairings. We cannot wait to go back!

2  Thank dillydallying
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Dined Mar 09, celebrating our 11th anniversary. Perfect in nearly every way, which is probably only one of 3 or 4 restaurants in the world I can say that about. Atmosphere perfect for location, service was truly top notch without being unctuous, and the food...oh the food! Not one single thing could have been improved, menu was perfectly thought out and well presented, portion size just exactly right (which means a bit small for most
Americans). Use of local ingredients to deliver fine french cuisine inspiring. Sorry, Zee's - 100% better all round at the Charles. Only thing I was less than overwhelmed with was wine selections for tasting menu - they really were quite nice, but a bit hampered by use of local only offerings...but that's just a teency little nit picking on my part.

4  Thank Tiffany L
Reviewed January 14, 2009

My wife and I attended The Charles Inn for a wine tasting dinner. Our waiter was Alan. I have to say the dinner was the finest I have ever eaten. I mean numerous times during the dinner, we commented on how food could possibly taste this good.

Alan was the icing on the cake. He served us like we were the only ones there. He explained the different wines and their relation to the food for each course making the entire event fit for royalty.

I highly recommend the Charles Inn for a dinner that you will never forget. Don't know if you can, but if you can, ask for Alan.

You won't regret it.