“I have never had a better dinner.”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

In point form - the place is beautiful, the service was so great and welcoming, the food & wine were perfect. I had read the reviews on this place before making the reservations and I'm so glad we chose The Charles Inn to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Don't go if you're in a hurry, dinner took about two hours from start to finish and it was $200, gratuity and taxes incl.
My husband said that he's not sure we'd eat anywhere else in NOTL b/c he doesn't think anywhere else would be as good :)

Steve S, Manager at Hob Nob Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments in regards to your recent dining experience here with us at The Charles Inn. I am glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your evening, from the level of service provided, right through to the food and wine. Our entire staff is always focused on delivering the best possible experience to all of our guests, and I am happy we did not disappoint. We hope to welcome you back in the future for another great evening.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

We tried this restaurant for the first time over the Valentine's Day weekend. The food was flavourful and presented very nicely. We were given a lovely amuse bouche in the form of a soup that was tasty, but slightly too cold. While the meal itself was tasty, the service was less than stellar. Our waiter barely appeared and we had to ask for water refills. Our first course was finished and the empty plates were on our table for what felt like a very long time. Same thing with our second course. Again, the food was very good and we weren't in a rush, so it was okay. Wish we had better service though.

The dining room was nice with two fireplaces and armchairs at some of the tables. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Very quaint restaurant.

The front steps to the restaurant were slanted though and I almost tripped on the way in; they are wood and probably need to be repaired.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is the 2nd time we ate at this restaurant, and both times, were most impressed by the amazing food and wine pairings. Personally I feel that the steak I ate here was the best even eaten. It was fabulous. The waiters were attentive and took the time to explain why the specific wines were paired with a course. I look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stopped in when in NOTL for the afternoon. The service was fantastic (Lloyd) and the food was so flavourful. I had the curry cauliflower soup de jour with the goat cheese, onion and Tomato puff pastry, and my partner had the truffle Mac n cheese. We will for sure go back next time were in town.
Totally recommend it. You won't be disappointed. :)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I were there at the end of January this year and stumbled upon the pub night. We were so glad we did, the lamb burger was fantastic and the beer was the best!! The service was terrific, on point all evening!! It was such a quaint restaurant and the other guests there were so fun to be with. Felt like we were regulars even though we had never been there before. We were sorry to see the evening have to come to an end. We will surely be back!!

Thank you for joining us for our Pub Night and for passing on your wonderful comments. I am happy to hear that you, and all of our other guests that evening, enjoyed themselves. We hope to have you join us again whether it be for another Pub Night or an evening in our Dining Room, and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.