“Lovely Place for a Wonderful Lunch”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Visiting Niagara on the Lake on a week end walking around looking for a place for lunch and came to Charles Inn. They have a large enclosed in veranda that is heated with a beautiful view of the golf course and some Victorian homes. Service was so pleasent and welcoming. The atmosphere was so relaxing and warm. The food was amazing, My husband devoured his sheppards pie, the soup was so good I wanted to lick out the bowl and the tart with tomatoes, carmilzed onions and feta was a perfect lunch item with the soup. It is a wonderful place for a quiet Romantic lunch. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and the lovely presentation. Wll be back again for lunch

There are newer reviews for Hob Nob Restaurant

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were told that the Charles Inn Restaurant was a must, and after the great experience we had, I couldn't agree more! From the moment you step through the door, the Guest Services Manager Sarah greets you so warmly that it sets the tone for the experience. She even sent a car to pick us up from our B&B because the cab was running so late. The customer service at this restaurant was unbeatable. Speaking of customer service, our man Martin was so great! He paired the perfect wines for our meals and was so fun! We even saw him later at the Olde Angel Inn.

Sitting next to one of the fireplaces, we both had the beef and shared a creme brulee dessert - everything was extraordinary we will definitely be returning. The chef sent out a complimentary celery puree, which was delicious - everything was presented beautifully and tasted amazing!

Thank you for the magical and delicious experience!
-Jenna

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at The Charles Inn during the Fabulicious week. For those who have not taken advantage of this special menu & pricing, I highly recommend it. To experience high quality food in some of the top restaurants in NOTL it is a must to go! Being a salad lover, I could have had 3 courses of the Roasted Pear Salad alone. I also had the Roasted Pork Loin for my Entrée and it did not disappoint. There's something about the sweetness and juiciness of Pork that is just so satisfying. I completed the meal with the Sticky Toffee Pudding, but I do have to admit, my homemade STP I enjoy more, as it has lots of dates in the pudding and maybe because of the Scotch Whisky Toffee butter sauce that I make to accompany it. The Service was very good as they explained everything about the meal when placed. The Plating of the food was beautifully done and service was attentive but not over the top, which was perfect. Overall we all enjoyed our meal and will definitely go back to take in a Pub night!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner and I had stayed at The Charles Inn recently. The evvening was quite windy so we decided to dine at the restaurant. The Inn manager had told us that their restaurant had been voted by Tripadvisor members amongst the top 10 restaurants in Canada.

We made it easy on our server by opting for the 3-course dinner with exactly the same selections; we both had the salmon as our entree. Our server even remarked that it would be hard for him to get things mixed up since we had asked for the same selections. Yet, when it was time for our desserts, he came back to ask us what we wanted, then realized we had already told him our selection earlier.

The appetiizer was creative and tasted heavenly. The salmon was a little overdone. Dessert was good.

Service was attentive. The price was reasonable.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had a leisurely dinner before our show. Two and half elegant hours, but it didn't seem slow. The food was elegantly served, waitress attentive and friendly, the menu included interesting and delicious choices. The presentation was beautiful. Can't fault this restaurant.

1  Thank Harriett R