“Best Dinner Ever”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We dined here at the recommendation of the concierge at Prince of Wales where we were staying.
The Charles Inn is a charming, romantic historic Inn. The dining room consists of a series of rooms with lovely fireplaces, chandeliers and other period pieces. We were greeted and seated in a quiet corner.
The menu was very appealing. I had the Gnocchi (best I have ever had) and my wife had the Jerusalem Artichoke Soup which was delish.
For our mains, I had the diver scallops and bacon (words can't describe how good it tasted) and my wife loved the pickerel. The wines our waitress recommended were spot on - I was surprised that they were from Niagara. Jillian provided attentive service and made great recommendations.
We will be back.

1  Thank JStilts_19
Steve S, Manager at Hob Nob Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent dinner here at The Charles Inn. All of the items that you made reference to have made their way back to the menu in some form or another, as they are some of my favourites. I’m happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed them, hopefully as much as I do!! We take pride in supporting our local wineries and winemakers, by offering 100% Niagara Wines on our Wine List. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next dinner.

There are newer reviews for Hob Nob Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Food here was good, service was a bit boring. Watch where you are seated, ask to be away from the reception area. We were sat near there and all you heard was them answering the phone and their personal conversations. Lunch was just ok however, we have had people we know go for dinner and have thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Maybe it was just the day we went, although that shouldn't matter.
Would try this restaurant again. :)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a LOVELY place to dine. Our waitress was great and the food was SUPERB!! We will definitely be returning and making it a place to visit and dine :)

1  Thank TonDave
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had a wonderful Mothers Day Lunch with my Family. The Inn was decorated in period time to make it a Quaint and Special time. The service was outstanding in detail and profession.

1  Thank Dave T
Charles_Inn_FandB, Manager at Hob Nob Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your mother's special day with us at the Charles Inn.
We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I absolutely loved the Charles Inn. The food was crafted by a master, and our waitress did a phenomenal job pairing wine with our menu. The Charles Inn Restaurant had a very romantic ambiance - my only issue is that we were seated too close to the other couples. I woud however return again.

1  Thank Smurfette1980