“Locals that enjoy dining here”
Review of Hob Nob Restaurant

Hob Nob Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hob Nob Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Simcoe St
Description: The HobNob restaurant & wine bar serves contemporary French cuisine with a regional flare. The restaurant features breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea. Visit the dining room, lounge, wine bar or fully licensed patio where you can enjoy a wide range of delicacies accompanied by a vast selection of Niagara wines. The Charles Hotel dining room has been recommended in publications such as Gourmet Magazine, Wine Spectator and Toronto Life and is the proud recipient of the CAA Four Diamond Award as well as the VQA Gold Award of Excellence.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We always enjoy the food and presentation. The staff are warm and knowledgeable while providing just the right amount of attention. The wine list is good with tips from servers ensuring the right selection. During warmer weather we enjoy the sunroom and are often the only ones there. The more formal dining room is lovely in the winter and if we want a lighter meal/lunch we enjoy the bar area during the winter season that also has a fireplace. We highly recommend watching for Fabulicious. We recently enjoyed a wonderful 3 course dinner for $35.00.

There are newer reviews for Hob Nob Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I are "winers" and "diners". We are fortunate to have had the opportunities to dine at some of the best restaurants in the US and Canada. My wife and I found dining at The Charles Inn to be amoung our top 5 dining experiences. Atmosphere, service, presentation, taste, etc. etc. this restaurant gets the highest marks in all catagories.

1  Thank Keith Lisa B
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When we arrived at the Charles Inn for dinner my first thought was this is bad feng shui. It did not feel right and my instincts should have said this is not going to be good. The dining room is a small room that was decorated with soothing colors and molding that was very attractive however there were 2 booths with striped banchette that did not fit. The menu is small and ambitious. The wine list large and pricey. The waiter started off being friendly but after taking the order and getting the wine (decanting it for an 07 which was nice but unnecessary) did not show up except to ask about dessert. The starters were good the salmon a mixture of beets with a whole smoked piece of salmon was nice and the gnocchi was filling and flavored with buttersquash, a good start. The mains were ahh. The steak was to me tasteless (my wife though it was game vs steak) with over garliced spinach. The fish pickerel to me was tasteless and dry, but my wife thought it was ok. Basically while there was some good for the money I will not return. Much better alternatives in the area

1  Thank wwtravelerRochester
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My friend and I had lunch at the Charles Inn recently and it was fantastic. It is a beautiful little place, with a lot of charm, but not pretentious. They have a great wine list, and the food was top notch and service was friendly. I don't often eat in Niagara on the Lake, because some of the places are over-priced, with mediocre food, but that is not the case for the Charles Inn. Absolutely great and memorable-can't wait to return for dinner next time. (Try the salmon with the crispy skin-delicious)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good presentation and variety. Sat in sun room for breakfasts,beautiful and relaxing,nice bar,very busy for lunch and dinners